Original topic:

Remote not working and red light flashing

(Topic created: 06-19-2021 05:03 PM)
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello.

Looks like I just fell into the same Remote ‘flashing red, not pairing, not available, tv turning on by itself in the middle of the night’ black hole I’ve seen posted about.  How frustrating!  I have read through the posts and tried everything, yet i cannot get any of the functions to work.  Everything has worked perfectly for over a year.  I’m so confused, please help.

I have UN65KS9500FXZA.

129 Replies
userWPvk7SvqvH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Hold down the power button while your tv is on for 8 seconds the tv should turn off and then turn it back on hopefully this will fix it. That's what I did.
0 Likes
useriprcUfaH2k
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
When I hit back + play/pause button it's connecting to a keyboard??
0 Likes
user9PcQFVNdTN
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung UN50KU6300 with the smaller remote.  Last night I noticed the on/off button stopped working, but the Comcast TV smart remote worked so I shut it off with that.  This morning I walked in the room and the remote was sitting on the side table blinking red like someone was holding down a button.  I touched a button and the red light went out.  I used it to turn the TV on, sat down and within 15-seconds the TV paused and I saw the red remote light was back constantly blinking.  I hit a button and it went out, but came back on constantly within 10 seconds or so.  After repeating this a few times I got a screen on the TV with the model number telling me to contact Samsung.

So I took the batteries out, and the TV works fine with the Comcast TV remote (just limited to TV with no smart TV functions like Netflix and YouTube.). If I put the batteries in, same thing - works for a moment normally and then the red light is on constantly, repeat until the TV flashes the contact support screen.

I tried resetting the remote, repairing it, same thing.  I am guessing the remote has some sort of internal fault, but wanted to check here first.

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You have pretty much completed all of the troubleshooting possible. I would agree with the internal fault diagnosis. If you would like to replace the remote, I recommend reaching out to https://www.samsungparts.com or J&J Parts International at 800-627-4368.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9PcQFVNdTN
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After a bit of google-sluething I came across a Samsung tech document (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/#unable-to-control-the-tv-with-the-re...) that outlined exactly how to (correctly) reset a Samsung One remote.  The first solution I found, to take the batteries out and hold down the power button while replacing the batteries, is not correct.  I did that, it re-linked with the TV and then continued its "always on" pattern.

The correct procedure to reset a malfunctioning remote is to take the batteries out and then hold the power button down for at least 8 seconds (I went 20-seconds to be on the safe side).  Then release the button, reinsert the batteries, and then hold down the play/pause and back buttons to initiate the re-link process.

I did that and I now have a happy, normally functioning remote control again!

Just in time too, as the cheap Amazon replacement arrived the next day, and was DOA.  I'd rather have bought the OEM replacement for $40 but it states it takes 4 to 6 weeks to ship.

Another note, the samsung remote Ap for the iphone works the TV just like the remote and worked perfectly while I searched for a better solution.

user9PcQFVNdTN
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
0 Likes
uservgNWIh1dlo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for me. Thank you 

0 Likes
userMPx1bq13R4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you this worked for us. We have the small silver remote as well.  And it relinked it.  

0 Likes
usernG3xVVAKkl
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Thank you!
0 Likes
user_steve
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a remote control that, after I turn off the TV, will turn on the TV after 30 seconds.  I know the remote is turning on the TV because I watch the remote and it blinks rapidly, about 7-8 rapid double blinks.  The TV will then come back on.  This happens after about every 10 uses of the TV.  The other 9 times, the remote will do a quick double blink after 30 seconds of turning off the TV, but the TV will not turn on.  But every 10th, or so time, the remote will blinks a lot and turn on the TV.  This cannot be normal.