JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote replacement for UN55JS9000FXZA TV - part is BN59-01220A

(Topic created: 08-30-2022 02:00 PM)
userJof9IexA6Y
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have an older Samsung TV UN55JS9000FXZA that still works great however the remote has been acting up for  a couple years and is getting really annoying.  I looked at the Samsungparts.com and it says that original remote BN59-01220A is no longer available as a replacement part.  What do I do now?  I saw a third party option for this remote on Amazon and those are no longer available either.  Is there a universal remote that Samsung makes for situations like this? Or do I just have to struggle with this partially working remote until it completely stops working?  I don't want to replace my TV just because I no longer have a working remote.  This is very frustrating.  The TV works beautifully. Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just did a Google search for Samsung Remote BN59-01220A and it listed some replacements some on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/bn59-01220a/s?k=bn59-01220a

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just did a Google search for Samsung Remote BN59-01220A and it listed some replacements some on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/bn59-01220a/s?k=bn59-01220a

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
userJof9IexA6Y
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just ordered a different remote from Amazon that is a Samsung remote, model BN59-01301A that is supposed to work with all Samsung TV's that use IR remotes.   I found a link to a post about it from some other person's remote control question in this forum.  It's made by Samsung and much cheaper than some of those third party options for that older BN59 model.  I hope it works!

Thanks for answering. 

GaryB82
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Your welcome if you can mark the post as solved so others dont try to answer it 

Thanks 

P.s 

Thanks for being a Loyal Samsung Customer 

0 Likes