Original topic:

S90C - 65" OLED Apps Stopping/Resetting Entire TV System

(Topic created: 11-22-2023 01:43 PM)
DiverDick
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello Samsung Community,

Last resort as phone support is, well, you know.

Anyways, we just received our new S90C 65" OLED TV and are learning most all apps on the system stop working frequently, resulting in black screen and total reboot of the TV system.  The issue is wildly unacceptable to be sure.  I attempted to contact tech support via text.  The response was so poor, I gave up believing it would work out and left the "chat".

I have proven it is the TV system that is buggy as the Fire Stick works flawlessly in every way.

In the end, any Samsung friends see the same situation and have found a solution?

Thanks in advance for the collaboration.

4 Replies
PBH
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just setup new 65" S90C last week and don't see those sort of issues. I loaded up Pandora, PBS, SiriusXM apps and those along with the preinstalled Prime Video seem to work just fine.

Good luck.

My issue, likely a separate thread to be, is that this TV appears to only have about 4GB for apps and at least half of that is already in use, mostly by preinstalled apps. Not sure if I can add external USB stick to solve that issue, so I might find myself plugging in the Fire Stick Max 4k which recently got upgraded to 16MB for apps. All these smart TVs suffer bloated or quirky user interfaces. Hard to decide which to live with, but a plug in device allows user to at least make a choice and standardize for all TVs if they want to.

0 Likes
KH Hoboken
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I’m experiencing this too, did you ever get a response from Samsung? 

DiverDick
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there.  Unfortunately no, the Samsung connection was all virtual and AI.  I was very disappointed to be sure.  I went back to the store purchased from (Best Buy) to learn my purchase was under their in-store guarantee of satisfaction.  I was asked if I wanted to trade for another TV, any manufacturer, trade.  After some discussion and honest BB feedback as to my specific issue being unusual, I simply traded for a lime-in-kind model.  The Tv swap happened I week later, delivered and setup.  The replacement is working perfectly.  Absolutely NO issues.  I had a dud for sure.   Good luck, friend.  The Samsung customer service maze will test you.  Take care.  

0 Likes
ccudaback
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having same issue with my Samsung Oled  S90c.  When watching hulu app or playing Xbox it crashes pretty regulary.  I just bought and I am considering returning it to Best Buy.

0 Likes