JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S95B Auto updating after 1448.1

(Topic created: 05-14-2023 03:43 PM)
TylerTHere
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
After manually updating my S95B to 1448.1 I've noticed that almost every time I turn my TV on, it likes to force update itself now. This is extremely invasive to the experience of your tv and frankly, considering the track record of your updates breaking things, instead of fixing them, this is the final straw to owning another samsung tv for me. Get rid of the forced updates. Fix the broken game hdr settings. Add some new settings like the "active tone mapping settings".
9 Replies
TylerTHere
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
This tv has steadily declined since release. Nobody should have to buy a new tv YEARLY to avoid your forced obsolescence.
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
Sorry to hear your having problems 😔 I'm trying to figure out why this is happening to you? Are you saying that you can not turn audo updates off ? 20230514_162905_1000007738_1684106945.jpg
0 Likes
TylerTHere
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
I prefer to manually update my tv, so I already have auto update off. My problem is that after "manually" updating, the tv now trys to update itself almost daily, even with auto update being off.
TylerTHere
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Which is a problem, when most updates for this tv, need a little bit of research to avoid any bugs and broken features.
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
Ok got it go to www.samsung.com/support and download the version of choice to a thumb drive that way you can change back and wait for a fix. I left screen shots of how just in case. Also, you might try doing a manufacturer reset of your tv I know it's a pain but I'm not having that issue so I'm wondering if the update file was corrupt 🤔 Screenshot_20230514_170314_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230514_170331_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
TylerTHere
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
That's actually how I updated to 1448, I guess it's my fault for updating early, but I'm waiting for an update that fixes the tone mapping in game hdr, but 1448 doesn't change anything for that. I may try a reset at some point.
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yeah the unfortunate risk for us tech heads that want everything now is bugs. I truly hope it all pans out for you and you get to enjoy your tv again soon my friend 😊
TylerTHere
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Much appreciated, this was my first High end tv and was hoping for a more consistent experience from a 1500$+ product. I'm still enjoying the tv though, I just have to jump some hurdles to do so.
usera0Oxxrf2KC
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just updated my S95B to the new firmware and I am having the same issue.  The TV checks for updates every time it's turned on.  It's a bit annoying after spending money on this.  Hopefully samsung can fix this one before it's released to the public.

0 Likes