JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S95B not outputting Dolby Digital thru HDMI Port 3 to Bose Soundtouch 520

(Topic created: 10-15-2022 08:54 AM)
jayesh7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Friends, I recently purchased Samsung S95B OLED TV. I have Bose Soundtouch 520 Home theater system for Audio that I have been using since 2017. I noticed that when it is connected to HDMI 3 (eARC), the S95B outputs only LPCM 2.0 and not Dolby Digital 5.1.  In the HDMI Expert Settings, the options to output were PCM and Auto. Even ARC suffices for Dolby Digital 5.1. Any thoughts on this? Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Likes
13 Replies
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Home Theater

Had a similar problem. Got a 2020 FrameTV and a HWK850 Soundbar, couldn't get it to play Dolby Atmos. Ended up adding a FireTV Cube, no problems since then.

0 Likes
jayesh7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for the response. So please advise how should the connections be?

Are you connections as below:

FireTV Cube -->  Soundbar via HDMI ARC/eARC?

I assume for display, it is FireTV cube via HDMI Out to TV for display.

0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Home Theater
I'll have to double check when I get home, but I think it's FireTV Cube to Soundbar (HDMI 1) and then Soundbar (ARC) to One Connect Box.
Do you have a One Connect Box?
0 Likes
jayesh7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I don't have One connect box.
With my previous TV Sony XBR900H, a 2020 LED model, all worked fine as is. Replacing the Sony with Samsung has led to these issues.

Thanks.

0 Likes
jayesh7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ok, thanks

0 Likes
Dyson83
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello, did you get any solution? i faced the same problem with a Marantz SR5012 Home Theater, Samsung´s SAT just carry off the TV, but i don´t like the way is looking because their first reaction was that the Marantz is not compatible....just incredible

0 Likes
jayesh7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello Dyson,  Samsung told me the same that Bose Home Theater is not compatible. I am shocked to hear that. My 2-year old Sony TV connects properly with no issues. It is definitely a bug in Samsung firmware.

As an alternative, I connected the TV to Home Theater using Optical Cable, it outputs Dolby Digital 5.1 audio for capable streams. However I have to use two remotes now. Kind a bit of downgrade there.

In one of earlier replies, I received using Fire Cube TV but I have not tried that.

Please feel free to respond if there are any questions.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Dyson83
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I got just now exactly the same response, it´s incredible that a top TV is not compatible with several Home Theater, and if that´s the case it should be in the specifications. I feel completely cheated.

The SAT told me that probably this will be solved with a new firmware version. but i already paid a huge amount for this TV, and i can´t wait who knows when Samsung release a version that fix this (If they do)

Anyway, which HDMI cable version did you use? 2.1

Regards

0 Likes
Solution
jayesh7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I used HDMI 2.1 cable. Please read below articles:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01216249/

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00085244/

I expected the Bitstream or Passthrough option to be seen in Audio Expert Settings but it is grayed out for me.

Let me know what you see.

Thanks.