JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S95b hdr and sdr settings

(Topic created: 05-10-2023 08:40 AM)
shoxxmee
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I would need explanations or help with the sdr and HDR settings. I just bought a Samsung S95B and I'm having a hard time understanding how the switch is made between the 2 modes. I understood that there were 4 selectable modes on the television. How is it possible to create one setting for SDR and another for HDR?
I saw that when the HDR image was broadcast I had a small logo in the options that appeared and that the HDR mode activated on its own.

So does this mean that if for example I play HDR content and I select the filmmaker mode in which I put it's same settings all this will work. But if I play a simple television program and I always use this same filmmaker mode, will the SDR parameters be applied? because there is no possibility of having other parameters, such as for example for the SDR unless you make the change live.
Finally, is the solution to choose several modes in which I make an adjustment for the HDR then an adjustment for the SDR then I switch from one mode to another (standard + filmmaker for example).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
If you play an HDR file the TV should automatically switch to the proper HDR format without you having to do anything.

One thing that helped me, if your TV offers it, is to set the regular brightness to 50% and the HDR brightness to 100%.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Lernon2016
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
Walt1
0 Likes
shoxxmee
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

??

0 Likes
Lernon2016
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
Walt2
0 Likes
shoxxmee
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

What ??

0 Likes
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
If you play an HDR file the TV should automatically switch to the proper HDR format without you having to do anything.

One thing that helped me, if your TV offers it, is to set the regular brightness to 50% and the HDR brightness to 100%.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi @shoxxmee and welcome to the community!  User @Diaboyos was correction in their suggestions.  Give them a try and you'll be as right as rain.  If for some reason that it doesn't work, feel free to send us a DM so that we can assist you further!

0 Likes