JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 3 Month Xbox Gamepass Ultimate No Code

(Topic created: 02-08-2023 11:08 AM)
ShadowViper
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
Keep getting runaround trying to collect the 3 month gamepass ultimate code that is supposed to be in the promotions app. Samsung representatives keep referring to the controller which I received.

This has been one of the worst orders of my life. Ordered a 65in qn95b, as a suprise for the family, it was set to be delivered Dec 15. TV arrived but was the wrong TV, an 85in Frame showed up, worth twice as much as I payed. I noticed the mistake before the tv even came off the truck and told the delivery person, he was like take it its an upgrade/better. I was like I can't that's someone else's Christmas present. So after going back and forth with him(he really wanted to deliver it and go) he took the tv.

I called Samsung right after, first rep sent me to ags after, ags said it was a samsung issue, second rep (same day) said it's my fault for refusing the wrong TV, but would give me 200 dollars samsung credit (never happened), asked for his manager to figure out where my tv was, she too made it seem like it was my fault for refusing the wrong TV, told me I had to refund and reorder it, was concerned it wouldn't arrive by xmas. She gave me a link said she would help speed up the refund and would give me an extended warranty on top (again never happened). Following day contacted ags again found someone willing to look for the tv. The following week ags found and shipped the right tv.

About a week later the TV started crashing had to contact tech support after the holidays. During the call asked about the extended warranty the supervisor told me she was going to give me, nope not applied and my tv only had a warranty till July not Dec when it was purchased. Tech support came out was a bad one connect box, had to wait a week for the part.

So now that I got the tv up and running proper, I now have to deal with the promotions, the tv came with 3 months gamepass ultimate for the cloud gaming hub and a free controller to use it. I recieved the email for the free controller but on the TV in the samsung promotion app I was to recieve a code/qr to get the 3 month gamepass code, nothing there. Another post, and Microsoft forums says contact samsung promotions dept., they keep transferring me to e-commerce, e-commerce keeps referring back to the controller (wrong promo), called multiple times still get passed around finally got a rep that understood which promotion we were working on, took me to Microsoft's redemption site, where I explained again, I never received the 25 character code, he looked further into it and was like it's in the app on my tv, so again explained it wasn't, so he pointed out that that's a promotional technical issue and he will send a ticket to them, few days later received an email about the controller....

Though that post was mainly about the controller others had issues with the gamepass promotion.

TLDR; worst purchasing experience 
Wrong TV on delivery 
Promise made that were unfulfilled 
TV started crashing less than 2 weeks
Promotions not honored 
Passed around on who to handle promotion 
Reps keep confusing promotions 
Multiple reps spoken to, been straight lied to and hung up on
Time running out on promotion

8 Replies
userPBacTgzdyp
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yep same thing with me.  I ordered online.  Didn't capture the items before purchasing.  The official order only states controller.  I didn't notice.  For the month of December Samsung was offering the 3 month free deal.  Very disappointed with them.  Hope they didn't delay the shipping of the controller until January (I received the controller on the 23rd) so that they can claim the deal has expired.  I received the TV on Dec 12.  That would be very misleading if not illegal.   They definitely did a "bait and switch".   I should of captured image of the TV being promoted that showed the controller and 3 months game pass.   I am moving on.  Got a good employee discount for TV so all not lost.   

0 Likes
userPBacTgzdyp
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Update to the code.  I called Samsung support # and was told that the promo ended Dec 31. Which is why the code won't be under promo app. They  gave me the same email address that is being spread online. support@controllerredemption.com.  It worked for me. Included all sales info, model # and serial #. Got the code the next day.  Thanks Samsung. Not a huge gamer but think they should provide what they advertise with the purchase.  Not sure why it is so confusing.  Good luck to everyone.  BTW, great graphics with 5ghz wifi connection.  No issues.  

0 Likes
ShadowViper
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
https://www.samsung.com/us/promotions/ it's listed under see more in past promotions (psst since needed purchase before Dec 31st.)
Redemption was through January 31st, Samsung just messed up and not setup the promotions app for everyone that purchased before Dec 31st., and now is giving people the runaround.

Other links about the offer:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/11/16/xbox-cloud-gaming-coming-to-more-samsung-tvs/
https://theinventory.com/select-samsung-tvs-come-with-3-free-months-of-xbox-game-1849876349
https://hdguru.com/samsung-qled-tv-promo-offers-3-free-months-of-xbox-game-pass-ultimate/
0 Likes
UserPEOSUENTJHDW1
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes the same issue to me. Those reps are not helpful at all. They keep talking about controller even though i have been telling them it is about the game pass. They don't even check and see if it exist or not. I am trying my best to get this resolved but I think their tactic is make people get tired of trying. For what? $45 coupon? This is just ridiculous. 

0 Likes
ShadowViper
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yeah they are seriously trying to run out the clock on this one.
0 Likes
ShadowViper
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
Tried the chat option, asked where I bought it from, as soon as I say samsung.com immediately given e commerces info and chat disconnected. As for e-commerce they have been emailing me on how to redeem it but seem to miss the part the code doesn't show up in the app
0 Likes
jyang12345
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I experienced similar situations. The e-commerce customer service keeps playing dumb and send me to national promotion team, then the national promotion team keeps saying that since i purchased the TV from samsung.com, I need to contact the e-commerce team. I have been trying to contact multiple times, and each time is different person, they are not trying to solve it or playing dumb not understanding the problem. It is not a lot of money, but it feel terrible because I was so excited to try out game on my TV. It is Feb 8th, I still dont receive Xbox game pass redemption code. They deserve a lawsuit for false advertising. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey all, anyone having trouble with Gamepass, Please call our promotions team at 1-866-888-5503. They will be able to help! 

0 Likes