JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Remote BN59-01385A Bluetooth Disconnecting Constantly

(Topic created: 03-19-2023 05:22 PM)
jerseyheat90
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recently bought an 55" OLED S95BA tv.  The remote worked great for about 45 days even with a sound bar in front of the television.  Now even with a removed soundbar, the BN59-01385A remote is constantly disconnecting from the television and won't always pair.  The voice features aren't usable when this happens.  This particular model remote seems to be faulty for many users.  I have to completely unplug the television and reset the remote before it can pair again.  I ordered an amazon replacement that doesn't have the solar battery, maybe that will be more reliable.  Has anybody had luck with Samsung replacing the faulty remote?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I couldn’t live without my remote connecting to my TV. Let’s get this situated for you as soon as we can.

I can see that you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps by removing obstacles in front of the TV and resetting the TV and remote. Could you try one more step for me?

Turn off Device Notifications in the SmartThings TV app.
Open the SmartThings TV app. (Menu > Connected Devices > SmartThings)
Select Settings in the top right corner of the app screen.
Select About SmartThings > SmartThings Guide.
Check Do not receive new device notifications.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the TV as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I couldn’t live without my remote connecting to my TV. Let’s get this situated for you as soon as we can.

I can see that you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps by removing obstacles in front of the TV and resetting the TV and remote. Could you try one more step for me?

Turn off Device Notifications in the SmartThings TV app.
Open the SmartThings TV app. (Menu > Connected Devices > SmartThings)
Select Settings in the top right corner of the app screen.
Select About SmartThings > SmartThings Guide.
Check Do not receive new device notifications.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the TV as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location