JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen issues (dark blotches, color spots in places etc.)

(Topic created: 10-18-2023 11:38 PM)
ppgupt
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Model: UN65HU9000F

What is the reason for the display of purple patches on the screen? What needs to be done to get rid of them?

Display Screen.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be concerning with your screen looking like that. If this is occurring on all sources this will require service, but as @LeoWyatt89 this does look like the roku background. I would recommend trying all sources and apps first. 

For service, you will have a couple of different options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

2 Replies
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm not seeing an issue? can you point out exactly where you're talking about? Bc my Roku looks the same way. 

Does other sources have issues? If not it's issue with your roku not the tv. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be concerning with your screen looking like that. If this is occurring on all sources this will require service, but as @LeoWyatt89 this does look like the roku background. I would recommend trying all sources and apps first. 

For service, you will have a couple of different options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/