Original topic:

Samsung Series 6 43" TV UN43NU6900 - Right side just got darker than left side

(Topic created: 07-29-2022 02:04 PM)
Mohammed Ali
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

So today, I just turned my TV on, and the TV was dark on the right side. I thought maybe if I power cycle it, it will go away, but did not help. I have looked up online, and I too bought the TV less than 2 years ago. I have tried the steps in the link which was posted as a solution: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/#a-portion-of-the-tv-screen-is-black but it is not helpful. Can someone at Samsung please advise what the issue is here? Please find the image below of the screen:

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-29 at 4.58.00 PM (1).jpeg

i have tried different sources, I have tried keeping it turned off for a while, we do not use it that much too. Not sure why it is happening. And clearly, I am not alone in this. I look forward to having this issue resolved at the earliest. Thank you so much for any and all assistance in this regards. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your TV having these display issues. This is something that will require service depending on your warranty you have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

4 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The panel is going out. If the TV is under warranty file a warranty claim. If it's not under warranty the cost to repair or replace it will be up to you.
0 Likes
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Yeah I agree with Diaboyos. Looks like the backlight is going out.
0 Likes
Mohammed Ali
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for the response. I would like to know why it happened. The TV has not moved for about a year from the table that it sits on. It just happened suddenly. I can see the brightness on the dark side flickers. Maybe the backlight LEDs are gone bad. But it is not good that they go bad within 2 years of use. I bought a Samsung over other TVs hoping for longevity. Can someone advise how to get it repaired? How do I reach out to Samsung to get it repaired? Please let me know. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your TV having these display issues. This is something that will require service depending on your warranty you have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/