JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV keepa switching from wireless to wired internet.

(Topic created: 05-11-2023 01:01 PM)
Members_Ay1dUwp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello

I have my TV connected through Wifi

Almost every time I turn my TV on it says its not connected to the internet and gives me the option to troubleshoot.

If I say yes It will check for a wired internet connection (as opposed to wireless).

If I back out of the prompt, go through the menu and troubleshoot however, it knows to check for a wireless signal and tells me there's no problem.

Any idea what could cause this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for sharing!

Hey @Members_Ay1dUwp! This suggestion is pretty great.  Please give that a try and also if you haven't already, try updating the firmware of your television.  Not updating the television can cause potential issues with the television's functionality. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/.

Please let us know if the trouble stops.  If it continues, please send us a private message so that we can assist you further.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Try switching between 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz channels. Most TVs only work on the 2.4Ghz channel. If you have a cable connected to the ethernet port, it will default to it because of stability. Unless you have a gig WiFi signal and TV support 5Ghz channel, it treats the wired as more reliable/stable.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for sharing!

Hey @Members_Ay1dUwp! This suggestion is pretty great.  Please give that a try and also if you haven't already, try updating the firmware of your television.  Not updating the television can cause potential issues with the television's functionality. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/.

Please let us know if the trouble stops.  If it continues, please send us a private message so that we can assist you further.  

0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Do you have a line connected from your modem/router to your TV or TV box?
0 Likes