JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung remote not detecting Directv receiver

(Topic created: 09-20-2020 09:19 PM)
userGHs9r8HlIZ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I purchased my Samsung Smartv UN65MU7000 3 years ago, and haven't had any problems in that time. Recently, my original Samsung remote (that came with the tv) failed, so I ordered another. I was able to successfully pair it with the tv, and it also detected my Blu-ray and sound bar. Unfortunately, it cannot successfully detect my Directv receiver, so therefore I am unable to control the channels. It sees the HDMI connection, and the last channel it was set to can be seen, so I know it it is successfully connected to the receiver. Problem is, since it cannot detect the Directv receiver, I am unable to use the channel selector. I have ordered another remote, and it fails the same. I have unplugged bothe tv and receiver. Unplugging and reset both, changed the HDMI cable, and verified all my updates are current. Any ideas? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your current software version number? Also have you made sure to do the following? 

1. Press the Home button on your TV remote to access the Home Screen. Using the directional pad on the remote, navigate to Source. When the selector is placed over Source, the Source menu will appear. Press UP on the directional pad to access Universal Remote. 

2. Select Universal Remote on the Source screen. Next, select Start and make sure the device you want to connect is turned on. When your desired device displays, select it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and register the device. The instructions may vary, depending on the device type selected. 

3. Your TV and the remote will memorize the external device and its connection port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.) to make controlling everything even easier.

Occasionally, the device may not respond after it's registered. To make sure the connection is made, you need to re-register the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your current software version number? Also have you made sure to do the following? 

1. Press the Home button on your TV remote to access the Home Screen. Using the directional pad on the remote, navigate to Source. When the selector is placed over Source, the Source menu will appear. Press UP on the directional pad to access Universal Remote. 

2. Select Universal Remote on the Source screen. Next, select Start and make sure the device you want to connect is turned on. When your desired device displays, select it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and register the device. The instructions may vary, depending on the device type selected. 

3. Your TV and the remote will memorize the external device and its connection port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.) to make controlling everything even easier.

Occasionally, the device may not respond after it's registered. To make sure the connection is made, you need to re-register the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

basstech21
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue.  I have followed the steps you provided and still will not detect my directv receiver.  I've tried entering make and model number of box and no luck changing channels with tv one remote.  Are there any other steps you'd suggest?

userJbzaTQE45o
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same exact issue. Have done all the recommended steps but still will not let me change a channel or use the guide. Stuck in the channel when turned on. It worked when we first got tv but stopped working all if the sudden. Help!

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Oh no!  Could you provide the model of your television?  Is everything up to date?

0 Likes
userZywdpaFZ1t
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Same issue. Added before, but now will not. Registered also. No joy.
Model: UN50RU7000FXZA
Software Version: T-MSLAKUC-1371.0