JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung tv turned off and won't come on

(Topic created: 03-30-2022 01:49 PM)
mbergh22
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have a Samsung un43tu700d and a few days ago it turned off and won't come on. While plugged in it just flashes a blue screen and then go back and cycles through this the whole time. Idk how to fix it. I've done the whole unplug and hold the power button on the tv for 30 seconds. Any idea? Not sure if it would be worth it to pay to get it fixed since its only a $300 tv. I wish I could post a video but doesn't look like there is an option. 
0 Likes
3 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Sounds like it's time for a new TV.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I understand how this may be frustrating with your tv power cycling,  have you tried the following below? 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.

2. Inspect the power cord for damage.

Check the power cord to see if there is any visible damage. If the power cord appears to be damaged. You can get a replacement at samsungparts.com.

You can search for your TV model to find the exact power cord you need.

3. Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.

If you were using a surge protector, bypass it for now and use a wall outlet.

4. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

5. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs which can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Need to send this to the OP not me.
0 Likes