JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung xbox controller promotion

(Topic created: 01-12-2023 12:25 PM)
userNjw6B9GYno
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I bought a 2022 samsung tv that had a promotion for 3 months of xbox game pass and a free xbox controller. They said i would receive my controller offer through email 35 days after delivery. It has now been 39 days and still no offer for my free xbox controller. I have called samsung multiple times and no one seems to be able to help me. This is outrageous and false advertisement. Anyone else having this issue?
55 Replies
userNjw6B9GYno
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I just checked the website. It is still up.
0 Likes
Stature64
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did you call promotion customer service? I tried but they denied me on my second call saying they already did what they could (and they lady would not. stop. repeating herself...). They kept referring me back to the email support at controllerredemption. They have also told me that I should have received the code from the Promo app on the TV before the 12/31/22, but the terms don't say anything about that. I also noted that posts here suggest that the code was not present in the app for people even in November-December.

I emailed the support at controllerredemption and now they say all of the same things Samsung said. I highlighted that you all got your codes this week, some of you after waiting forever. They said you all got yours because you bought from Samsung directly. Is that true? The terms say "CONTROLLER: At select retailers, receive eligible controller at time of qualifying purchase; at other select retailers and Samsung dot com, receive redemption code;" so it sounds like they should provide codes to anyone who purchases where it was advertised, like best buy or sams club.

0 Likes
bkdarts
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Controller showed up today... once code was redeemed it took 3 days from order to receipt at my door.. retail boxed item....never got 3 mo ultimate (not in app) but CS did give me a $60 credit so alls well that ends well

0 Likes
Stature64
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did you buy from Samsung directly?

I notice it says "retailer" at the bottom of the controllerredemtion website. Can anyone tell me what retailers it says in that drop down? I know it's a long shot, but I've been getting the serious run around, and I honestly just want what I was promised.

0 Likes
ryanmparker
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Call the Samsung Promotions department. They were able to help me. The first number below is for the main promotions department and they were able to help with the 3 month gamepass promo code. The second number I've listed below is the ecommerce department and they were able to help generate the code needed to redeem an Xbox controller. 

Phone 1-866-888-5503 Mo - Fr: 9AM - 6PM (ET) Sa - Su: Closed Online Samsung Promotions Contact Page Mo - Su: 9AM - 12AM (ET)

Samsung eCommerce Department

855-726-8721

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey all, I know how frustrating it can be waiting to receive promotional items. Anyone that is having trouble with the Xbox controller promotion, and getting the code in the promotions app, will need to contact support@controllerredemption.com. For anyone needing help with the gamepass promotion, your best option will be to call our promotions team at 1-866-888-5503. We appreciate your patience with this, and look forward to getting this resolved for everyone.