JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Optimization function message on new S95 TV

(Topic created: 08-18-2022 06:46 AM)
pkoryn
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi - I'm new to the forum.  We just bought a QN65S95BAF tv which so far we really like.  We're experiencing something strange though and I can't find out any info so thought I'd check here.  Each evening, after the TV has been on for maybe 3 or 4 hours, the TV turns off, reboots and says the following in the upper right corner

"Screen Optimization - the next time you turn the power off from the remote control, Screen Optimization will run automatically to make the screen clearer"

I don't know if I need to be doing something but it seems like the Screen Optimization isn't running automatically since we continue to get this message each evening.  Is there some setting I need to change?  It's a little frustrating and I've gone through the whole online "e-book" but don't see anything pertaining to this.  Appreciate any help you can offer!

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Try setting your HDMI Black level set to Normal. You can do this by going to Settings > Picture > Black Level

0 Likes
pkoryn
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I appreciate your response but please note my TV is a S95B (complete number shown in my post above) and the suggestion you provided is not on my TV.  I clicked on Settings and Picture and there is NO black level option.  Could you please get back to me with instructions for my model TV?  Many thanks for your response!

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I apologize, I got the directions a little mixed up. Here they are.

Menu> Settings> All Settings> Connection> External Device Manager> HDMI Black Level

This is located on page 124 of the E-Manual. You can find the E-Manual here:

OSNATSCB-3.2.0_EM_Oscar_Pontus_Nike_Kant-SU2e_USA_ENG_220216.0.pdf