Original topic:

Smart Tv and Disney + wont start

(Topic created: 05-25-2020 08:07 AM)
userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello

i am having issues with the my Samsung Smart tv (model UN65KS8500FXZA) and Disney Plus App. Seems that something with the att broadband is preventing the connection or starting of the Disney Plus app or a possible issue between the app and the Tv. The network status of my internet is good along with the the network status of the Samsung Tv. All the other Apps within the Samsung Smart Tv work just fine except for the Disney Plus app. I get an error 1017 when opening the Disney + app. 
I am wondering if there is a possible firewall or Att Broadband/Samsung  setting that is causing the Disney Plus connectivity issue. I did try changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, resetting the smart hub, restoring to factory settings, unplugging tv and didn't fix anything. Please help. 

userqqgaUGwyfv
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just followed this below.  After Smart Hub reset, just re-download the different apps you want (like Disney Plus, Netflix, Prime Video, etc).  This worked for me!

1. Reset Smart Hub.

Navigate to Settings (on your SAMSUNG TV) > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.

userWXtLaJsUdr
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I did this and it still won't open

userEYuHcbjiJ7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I tried/looked for all the solutions suggested here.  I unplugged my SmartHub from the TV, and unplugged the TV for about 5-10 mins.  Plugged it all back and and VOILA!  It works perfect.

userpcVYIXG4ll
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Don't know why I didn't think to do this, but it solved a 2 month issue w disney+.

Thank you!

0 Likes
userOseSyhToA8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for me--finally!! Haven't been able to use the app in months and when I did manage to get it to work, it would stop. 

0 Likes
userbNdecNAc5t
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I cannot figure out how to reset the smarthub.  The "selfdiagnose" is in gray and when I click on it, is says "This function isn't available"

0 Likes
userbNdecNAc5t
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

As further explanation, my Disney screen has been blue for weeks.  Can't seem to delete the app.  I can remove it from my home screen, but not delete and reinstall.  I updated the software on the TV.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Before navigating to your Self Diagnosis option, you will first need to exit the Smart Hub. You can select any other sourc, even if there is nothing else connected. Diagnostics are not available while in the Smart Hub.

0 Likes
userb8eYYWWyql
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same thing but with model number UN65KS8500FXZA. the solution does not work. Disney + just goes to a black screen. I have done a factory reset on the tv, i have unplugged and plugged back in the tv. nothing works

user1wzHbl2VQM
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue with same internet provider but different model (UN55KU6300FXZA).  It was working fine two nights ago and then just started giving me a black screen as of yesterday.  Tried all the recommended solutions in this thread and none of them worked. 😞