Original topic:

Smart Tv and Disney + wont start

(Topic created: 11-25-2020 12:01 PM)
userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello

i am having issues with the my Samsung Smart tv (model UN65KS8500FXZA) and Disney Plus App. Seems that something with the att broadband is preventing the connection or starting of the Disney Plus app or a possible issue between the app and the Tv. The network status of my internet is good along with the the network status of the Samsung Tv. All the other Apps within the Samsung Smart Tv work just fine except for the Disney Plus app. I get an error 1017 when opening the Disney + app. 
I am wondering if there is a possible firewall or Att Broadband/Samsung  setting that is causing the Disney Plus connectivity issue. I did try changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, resetting the smart hub, restoring to factory settings, unplugging tv and didn't fix anything. Please help. 

56 Replies
userF2eD1FlHMi
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

followed all the steps everyone has offered and still the issue persists. Samsung has become so whack thats it from me. Sticking with LG, never once had any issue with all my LGs electronics  not even my LG washing machine. This samsung connecting to Disney+ error is xtemely annoying. Smh

0 Likes
userrQkojAWFJa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Disney+ was giving us a black screen.  Our U.S. Q60 TV has a browser on it (appears like an App named "Internet").  I chose that browser, went to settings (found in the top right).  At the bottom of one of the tabs was the option that cleared browser information, including cache.  Once I did that, Disney+ worked again.

If Samsung TV owners want to assign blame, it probably belongs on the Disney+ app for not validating its cache.

0 Likes
CKhaus
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I unplugged the TV for 30 seconds, plugged it back in, and installed Disney +. It worked
0 Likes
userpNaL67Oznh
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a very good TV that I know its pros and cons

Samsung TV prices

63a241409dfd8dee6c4ea658fe5480f0bf69bc7f.jpg

0 Likes
CKhaus
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I had to unplug the TV for 30 sec and then start it back. it worked fine after that
0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Disney plus 1026 authentication error - my solution

2019 Samsung tv getting bamgrid.com error.
Cleared tv cache and data. Now getting 1026 auth error.
Logged into Disney plus.com in web browser.
Navigated to my account.
Log out of all devices.
Cleared tv cache and data.

Open app on tv.
Get 6 digit auth code to link tv to account.
Believe Disney account may have old auth details for tv which would explain auth error.

0 Likes
userKUgBgyTGre
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung screens are the best I tried a lot of screens But Samsung's screen is proven to have a long lifespan

شاشات-سامسونج.jpg

0 Likes