Original topic:

Smart Tv and Disney + wont start

(Topic created: 01-11-2021 03:17 PM)
userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello

i am having issues with the my Samsung Smart tv (model UN65KS8500FXZA) and Disney Plus App. Seems that something with the att broadband is preventing the connection or starting of the Disney Plus app or a possible issue between the app and the Tv. The network status of my internet is good along with the the network status of the Samsung Tv. All the other Apps within the Samsung Smart Tv work just fine except for the Disney Plus app. I get an error 1017 when opening the Disney + app. 
I am wondering if there is a possible firewall or Att Broadband/Samsung  setting that is causing the Disney Plus connectivity issue. I did try changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, resetting the smart hub, restoring to factory settings, unplugging tv and didn't fix anything. Please help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The error 1017 indicates that the account is not being validated by the Disney servers. You will need to contact Disney+ support for assistance with account validation.

0 Likes
Solution
userxi0iAznuzN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

To solve problem go to settings on TV and clear the cache for the Disney app. This will resolve the issue. 

user16Ne2bsF6R
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I went to settings and I couldn't find the apps. I'm I missing a step. 

DivaLulu
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Where do I find to clear cache for the app

userm8JlKRtUSC
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

For those with recent models, you can delete cache and data through the following menu:

Scroll to Settings then press UP (don't click).  At the next menu, scroll all the way to the end to "TV Device Manager".  Click.  Then scroll to the right to "Show App List", find the Disney + app and select Show Details.  In that menu you can delete data and/or delete cache.

It didn't solve my error 1107 issue - but hopefully you can now find the place to delete cache and data. 

userWXtLaJsUdr
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can't find an option to clear it? 

Xchrisx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My tv does not have this option. I searched everywhere tv model number is UN65KU65000F. I could not find the model number on the list but it was working just a few days ago. I have tried everything from power cycling my tv to restarting my router. If someone could get back to me with a real solution thatd thatd be great.

usergPLKb5Sn2l
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

There is no cache selection under settings

0 Likes
user404JTSwtKc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After clearing Samsung browser cache, reboots, Un-installing and reinstalling the app, I eventually found a possible solution on another forum. I had originally configured my wired, ethernet connections DNS server to Google 8.8.8.8. Reconfigured to auto pull DNS from ISP and it fixed the problem.

0 Likes
user2918DTx3ob
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Guess who just lost another customer? I’m very disappointed in the lack of support for televisions that are just a few years old. Two of our “sMaRt” TVs are now obsolete because they no longer receive updates and no longer support the latest streaming services’ apps. It was a blessing that one of them broke, so our insurance could replace it with something newer. I stopped using samsung smartphones for the exact same reason. Apple iOS all day erryday! 

0 Likes