i am having issues with the my Samsung Smart tv (model UN65KS8500FXZA) and Disney Plus App. Seems that something with the att broadband is preventing the connection or starting of the Disney Plus app or a possible issue between the app and the Tv. The network status of my internet is good along with the the network status of the Samsung Tv. All the other Apps within the Samsung Smart Tv work just fine except for the Disney Plus app. I get an error 1017 when opening the Disney + app.
I am wondering if there is a possible firewall or Att Broadband/Samsung setting that is causing the Disney Plus connectivity issue. I did try changing the DNS to 188.8.131.52, resetting the smart hub, restoring to factory settings, unplugging tv and didn't fix anything. Please help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I just followed this below. After Smart Hub reset, just re-download the different apps you want (like Disney Plus, Netflix, Prime Video, etc). This worked for me!
- Reset Smart Hub.
Navigate to Settings (on your SAMSUNG TV) > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.
I tried/looked for all the solutions suggested here. I unplugged my SmartHub from the TV, and unplugged the TV for about 5-10 mins. Plugged it all back and and VOILA! It works perfect.
As further explanation, my Disney screen has been blue for weeks. Can't seem to delete the app. I can remove it from my home screen, but not delete and reinstall. I updated the software on the TV.
Before navigating to your Self Diagnosis option, you will first need to exit the Smart Hub. You can select any other sourc, even if there is nothing else connected. Diagnostics are not available while in the Smart Hub.
I have the same thing but with model number UN65KS8500FXZA. the solution does not work. Disney + just goes to a black screen. I have done a factory reset on the tv, i have unplugged and plugged back in the tv. nothing works
Same issue with same internet provider but different model (UN55KU6300FXZA). It was working fine two nights ago and then just started giving me a black screen as of yesterday. Tried all the recommended solutions in this thread and none of them worked. 😞