JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart tv has talking when I try to raise the sound. It just started doing this. My remote doesn’t

(Topic created: 05-24-2022 06:44 AM)
usergPpjaupyCc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My tv talks when I raise the sound.  My remote doesn’t have MENU button so I can’t find out how to change it. Remote BN59-01330a

0 Likes
2 Replies
Faith4Hope
Comet
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
May I ask which Samsung Smart TV you have? The directions I'll give below may or may not work for your model, but here's hoping!
And does your rc (remote control) have a "Home" button (a button with a house icon)?
If so, that's how you can find your 'Settings'.
↓
You can try this:
Press "Home", then scroll to 'Settings', then go to 'General', then to 'Accessibility', then make sure the "Voice Guide Settings" (the very 1st thing listed) is set to 'Off'.
↑
If this doesn't work, please check your manual/guide & look up 'Voice Guide'.
The 'Voice Guide' feature will "audibly describe menus & options to assist basic TV operations." (according to Samsung themselves). This would also include it being triggered by things like volume adjusting too.
I really hope this helps! If so, please leave a like/kudo via tapping the 'heart' & if this happens to solve your issue, please mark this as an accepted solution- Thanks!
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there! I can see how frustrating that could be. It sounds like you may have the voice guide feature enabled. To check this, navigate to your TV's settings menu, then select General > Accessibility > Voice Guide.