Original topic:

Solution to Paramount Plus App not streaming content or live TV

(Topic created: 05-11-2022 03:52 PM)
useriRB8tQJ6cc
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So according to the original thread, this problem has been known since at least July of 2021.  
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4K-8K-and-Other-TVs/Solution-to-Paramount-Plus-App-not-streaming...

It is marked as "solved" - but it is not.  I just signed up with Paramount+ on my Samsung TV and am able to see most of their content, but not Star Trek:  Strange New Worlds (which is basically the only reason I signed up).  Paramount says it is a known issue, that "several other" users have reported the problem, and their top tier support is working on it.  I can't believe that in 10 months, between Samsung and Paramount that this is still an issue.  Any info on a ***REAL*** solution that works for everyone?

2 Replies
ak_willy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have yet to see a "fix" for this as well. Seems that Paramount and/ or Samsung are not concerned about this. For me it revolves around attemps to air commercials causing app to lock, maybe a verification issue or ???
I use other devices to watch Paramount + as on my Samsung UN58MU6070 it is just an epic failure ...
0 Likes
Stonegrown
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
If you have an 'earc' setting on auto apparently it will interfere with you watching paramount+ programs. Turn OFF the 'earc' setting under the 'sound' settings and that might help until Samsung's firmware update (if they ever do update it).
0 Likes