Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 12:14 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

257 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello there, here's a link that may help resolve your symptoms:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202486/#tv-makes-a-cracking-or-popping-sound

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userJzc1qFeNOX
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I appreciate the suggestion but like I said in the post it is not plastic clicking.  I comes out of the speakers, including the sub woofer, as a startling pop.

ie. The audio being sent to the receiver is somehow wrong.

I tried different optical cables and tested the receiver against a different TV to localize it to the TV. I am afraid to use the TV for fear it will damage my speakers.

It is really tough to test as it is only sometimes so if it didn't pop in testing it may be because I didn't wait long enough. I cannot say for sure if was from apps only or also live TV as i stopped using the TV a while back, it was so startling and worrisome.

I did try and experiment a bit and have the TV use the built in speakers and I don't believe there was any popping. Then again maybe I didn't wait long enough?

0 Likes
user4nUbIAHhkJ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

FOUND THE THE PROBLEM.  I have the same thing popping sound.  I took the back of the tv and found out a pinch wire coming from the speaker. 

0 Likes
user9IaPJE9eMo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is happening to me. Ive bought new cables, downloaded the latest firmware, changed inputs & done factory resets but nothing is fixing it. It does it most with the xbox but it also does it with the internal tv and YouTube app etc as well.

sometimes it will go away for a day or two but then comes back.

0 Likes
Lettiejack01
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
what make the speaker Bluetooth come on automatically. then I have to turn back off
0 Likes
useroYwLtT5llV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

2021 - Brand new 75" model.. the crackling/popping sound is back guys 😞

0 Likes
user3UnZ03tfQ7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I bought older model UE55TU7172 and I am dealing with the same issue for a long time. Tried everything such as new optical cables, factory reset of the TV, etc. I found out its 100% TV issue because the amplifier optical port is working fine with other devices (no crackling). Its really annoying and I can't believe this issue has not been solved in 4 years.. I am really dissatisfied with Samsung - shame on you guys

PS: the crackling sound issue happens only via optical cable. via BT its ok however last week started to hear little background distortion noise.. the TV  really 

userzukNMc2CNp
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

same here Q80 and optical cable crackles and drops out with any audio source apps included. internal speakers are fine however

0 Likes