Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 04-03-2018 04:05 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

257 Replies
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Also having this Screech sound with MODEL NUMBER: QN55Q7FAMFXZA and Vizio 4251

0 Likes
userD9evI8ggf4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

same issue here 55" 4k Samsung.  Please offer some feedback.  This may be the last Samsung tv i buy.  

0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is the firmware of the unit completely up to date? Also, does this occur all the time or only when using certain external devices? 

0 Likes
user4QTOqSN0cO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same problem with my 55” MU6300. How do you update the firmware of my model? Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please go to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung and provide the current software version. 

0 Likes
user0TQDKCJ81H
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, this is my 2nd UN55MU7000 (one bought after Christmas and returned in Feb, and this one bought in Feb and will be going back shortly I'm sure).  We've had the random popping sound happening and it's beyond frustrating.  Is there a way to fix this or is it a flaw with the current Samsung TVs?

0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

0 Likes
user2mUL73fS5f
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Having the same problem with my UN49MU8000  49" Series 8 TV that I brought a month ago.

The "popping" seems very random; it can only after only 30 minutes of watching TV or happen after several hours of the TV being on. I am only listening to the TV's built-in speakers and not using any sound bars or passing through additional sound equipment.

sometimes it will pop once and not come back, other times it will continue to pop once every minute or two. I don't smell anything burning and the image quality doensn't seem to be affected. There is no "popping" sound after the TV is turned off.

Someone told me it's due to a short in the speaker wiring, which is not good. Especially for a brand-new TV. The fact that other people are having this issue sounds like a manufacturing defect.

Would appreciate some official response from Samsung on this. Or a solution as to how to fix this, other than returning the TV...

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Just happened for me Q7F with Vizio Sound bar and this time I swear the screen flashed. Got to be something with current 1151 firmware .
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

user2mUL73fS5f, have you tried a reset? Does it occur on all sources and inputs?

0 Likes