Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

FYI, the latest 2017 MU and Q Series firmware version 1230.0 addresses the pop noise issue and is available for download under the "Manuals and Downloads" section of the Support Page.

View solution in context

257 Replies
userVcUWhseRfH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just purchased (11/20/2017) and am having the EXACT thing.  I searched out here to see if anyone else had the issue and if there was any resolution.  I only have the built in TV speaker.  One HDMI cord from tv to box.  It does not seem to do it all the time.  It happened some a couple days ago, I don't remember it happening at all yesterday (lots of football all day), but tonight it's doing it on NBC football game; didn't seem to do it all day earlier on other non- NBC channels.  It happens during broadcast and commercials.  I will be watching this thread for answers.

0 Likes
userVcUWhseRfH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I forgot to say same thing on same TV model.
0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
My QF7 does the occasional popping sound with Vizio Sound bar.
0 Likes
userXZCJ4L6xKv
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sorry that I can not help but i was coming here to ask the exact same question. We purchased a 65" 8 series recently and the popping is driving us nuts. The tv is connected to a bose V35 via optical cable and the popping while not constant, is frequent enough to drive a sane person crazy. The bose system has never had a popping issue before the new TV.  I have a new optical cable coming tomorrow but i sincerly doubt that will fix anything. 

If Samsung or other users could chime in with possible soltions it would be helpful.  I hope that we all find resolution soon. 

timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I'm still having this issue with 55 inch Q7F and Vizio Sound bar SB 4251. Firmware on TV is updated to 1151 and Vizio Sound bar is also updated with their latest firmware. Occasionally a Popping Burst will come out of all speakers. Only happens when using sound bar not TV speakers. Can someone look into? Thanks
0 Likes
user2mUL73fS5f
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

user XZCJ4L6xKv,

Did the new optical cable fix the popping issue?

I'm going to try using another HDMI cable to connect the TV to my cable box. I'm wondering if that's the issue..

0 Likes
user7WGTik3Dvp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same thing with my 55" curved UHD set and m-4500 sound bar.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How are the two devices connected?

0 Likes
user3guiRsAAEK
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue here. Very random. I would guess a decoder problem which should be easy to fix with software. I’m a tv engineer  and have heard similar issues with format mismatches. Timing on the mp3 layer?

0 Likes