Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
257 Replies
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Happened this morning with sound bar. I did buy new 4k HDMI cables from Amazon. Not sure if it the cable because I use same HDMI cable with PS3 watching Blu ray movies and have never had the pop noise once. Only happens with TiVo Bolt. Using Dolby Digital with TiVo and Bitstream & Dolby Digital with Samsung tv.

0 Likes
userZVh6dQdmOr
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did the new HDMI cable stop the problem???

0 Likes
userT53tasRMW6
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the identical issue on my Q7. Samsung has been working on it with several items being swapped but to no avail. More to come I'm told.

The POP is highly random, can occur with ANY type of input, at any level of sound. The internal speakers are producing the POP and in my case occurs only in the LEFT speaker. Once the noise starts it happens several times randonly for about 15 minutes then goes quiet for several days sometimes. Have tried different cables as well.

0 Likes
hillsmi
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Re: "Did the new HDMI cable stop the problem???"

Not sure who you are asking, BUT, since my HDMI cable change about a month ago, mine has performed without incident of any popping sound. See my longer post and the HDMI cable I purchased from Amazon.
0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Still happening with my Q7F  2017 Samsung TV and Vizio Sound bar 4251. Sometimes won't happen for about 4 days then Bam out of nowhere 4 or 5 pops.

0 Likes
userknLXNCydBo
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Go to settings, sound,expert settings and change HDMI AUDIO SETTINGS TO PCM AND DIGITAL OUTPUT AUDIO TO DTS NEO2:5. Fixed the popping for me on my Samsung 65” Q7F. Hope this helps

userZ1TlKtocP6
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks.  I am just using the TV speaker on my 65" MU8000.  Changed my expert audio settings to HDMI Audio PCM and Digital Output PCM.  Seems to have corrected the popping for me as well.  Was getting it everyday and two days so far with no problems.

timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Problem with changing both to PCM is I won't here 5.1

0 Likes
user4DG9NrPJKG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My television does the same exact thing. It pops and then the volume lowers and it pops and then the volume goes back to normal then it pops and continually does the same thing at times

0 Likes
userw24iQ7uX6r
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

yES IT FIXES THE POROBLEM BIT USING pcm ALSO LOWERS THE QUALITY OF THE SOUND EXPERIENCE. DIDNT SAY PCM STINKS, JUST THAT THE SOUND ENVIRONMENT COLLAPSES WITH PCM AND OPENS UP WITH dd. IF YOU ARE USING TV SPEakers you may not notice.

0 Likes