JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Can't Connect to Internet

(Topic created: 07-28-2019 10:44 AM)
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have Model No UN55MU6500F and it will no longer connect to the internet.  It has connected in the past.  All other devices are able to connect.  My internet provider confirmed everything is working on their end.  I have disconnected and re-connected but it did not help.  Please advise how to fix this.  Thank you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
82 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can you provide the full model number of the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userdw0aCbUnuC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Really? You guys know this is an issue - it’s nothing new. Mine is a UN43NU series but seems all NU series TVs are impacted. 

0 Likes
eggVTdad
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

why hasn't Samsung addressed this issue, there are almost 60 pages of the wifi issue, I have tried to repsond to several posts directly to Samsung but seems they block one from a response to a tech.  PLEASE FIX THE FIRMWARE AND RESOLVE THE WIFI ISSUE.  A lot, and I mean a lot, of people are beyond frustrated with Samsung after many years of being a loyal customer, this is not acceptable.  You know the problem please fix it.  Hard restart is not acceptable for a "smart" TV that is less than two weeks old.

UserNicole61
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I purchased a TV two months ago, and it worked fine for the first few weeks. Now, every time I turn on the TV, I receive the message "Samsung TV Plus is not available. Check your network connection and try again." I can't access anything on the TV.

Everything else in my home is connected to the same network with no issues. I have to unplug the TV and plug it back in again. As soon as I do this, it connects with no problem. The next time I turn on the TV, it gives me the error message again.

Any suggestions?

@SamsungTam The model # is UN50Ru7100FXZA. Software version: T-MSLAKUC-1303.7

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can you give me the full model number of the TV? Also, may I have the firmware version your TV is currently running? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userz9dBl0LNQr
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

At our place of business we have 2 of these TVs. Both first had the issue where at the beginning we had to do a reset (hold power for button for x seconds) for it to reconnect after we turned it off.

Recently both of them just will not connect to Wi-Fi.

We have Ubiquiti hardware, every room has an access point. But as of not long ago there was an update at ubiquiti's side. We updated our hardware to newest firmware. And after that our Samsung TVs won't connect to Wi-Fi anymore. Only samsung TV's have issues. All our other hardware, over 150 devices over 5 different networks (SSIDs), work without problems. 

We tried absolutely everything, different SSD, open SSD, strictly 2.4 Gghz, turning off every single other SSD, turning off every single other access point. 

They just will not connect. I presume that Samsung has some deprecated hardware or software/protocol installed in these cheaper TVs. And now it just got to a point where it's EOL (End of life)...

Current software version is: 1260

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks! 

0 Likes
saint1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung SmartTV, model MU6300 can connect to wired network, but cannot connect to wifi.  It can see the SSID, but fails to connect.  I'm positive I have all settings correct, and the wifi is working.  I get the same result on an open network (no password) as I do on a secure network.  It simply complains that it can't connect.

uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue with a Samsung, Smart TV model UN65MU630DF.

Software/firmware is up to date.  Tried the reset.  Will not connect wirelessly.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How far is the router from the television? Have you checked your router settings to ensure that the television has access?

0 Likes