JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Can't Connect to Internet

(Topic created: 07-28-2019 10:44 AM)
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have Model No UN55MU6500F and it will no longer connect to the internet.  It has connected in the past.  All other devices are able to connect.  My internet provider confirmed everything is working on their end.  I have disconnected and re-connected but it did not help.  Please advise how to fix this.  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey everyone, a fix has been issued. To resolve the issue and get the TV to reconnect, you will need to Cold Boot the TV. This can be done by holding the power button on the remote until the TV turns off and back on (about 5 seconds). Or you can unplug and plug the TV back in. This is the "temporary" fix,  updates and fixes are set to go out sometime soon that will address this issue permanently but the issue should not occur again after the cold boot.

If you are still having an issue connecting after the Cold Boot of your TV continue with the following troubleshooting steps:

Check for a software update and install it if one's available:

Since you're unable to connect, you'll have to do it the manual way:

• Navigate to Settings > Support.
  • Hover over Software Update to view the current software version on your TV. It is listed to the right.
  • Visit our Download Center to check the latest software file for your TV. If the software version on the website is higher than the version on your TV, download it and extract the file to the root of a USB drive. Don't put it in any folder on the drive.
  • Insert the thumb drive into a USB port on your TV.
  • Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.
  • After the update is complete, try the network connection again.

Reset the TV:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset and enter your PIN (the default is 0000). After the reset, try connecting again.

Make sure your Wi-Fi network is compatible with the TV:

Network requirements vary between TVs and are listed in the user manual. As an example, 2018 models NU6***, NU71**, NU72**, and NU73** only support 2.4Ghz networks. They will not even see a 5Ghz network.

If the network is not compatible with the TV, the TV will be unable to see or connect to it.

In most cases, the default settings for home networks are fine. However, if the network settings have been adjusted, confirm that they meet the requirements of the TV.

Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi:

The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be. If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak. Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.

If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect fewer devices.

Try connecting to a different network:

This is a troubleshooting step to help determine what the issue might be. For instance, if a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and try to connect the TV to the hotspot. If any other networks are available, they can be tried as well.

Note: If the TV can connect to any other network, service is not required, and the issue is with the network that you're unable to connect to. Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

If the issue continues, we recommend contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of your router for further assistance. If they help you determine the TV as the source of the issue, service is required.

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO
- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

82 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

May I have the firmware version the TV is running?  Have you tried power resetting the TV by unplugging it and plugging it back up after a few minutes? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userpFJgWa4UmH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I unplugged the TV for a few minutes and it connected when I plugged it back in. Thank you! 

0 Likes
uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue.  I have a UN65MU630DF.

It is not a service provider issue or a router issue.  It is clearly something within the TV or the software.  Samsung please provide a fix...

Samsung_zUWIyqG
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you go in to the network settings and change the DNS server settings and manually enter 8.8.8.8 generally fixes it

uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for the reply.  My TV will not let me into Network Settings to change the DNS server settings.  It keeps flipping me back to the wireless or wired connection screen.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What is the current software version of the television? Have you performed the Network Test and then tried changing the DNS settings?

0 Likes
uservhC4zMS90f
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV is currently running version 1270.  It says this is the latest version and there are no new updates.  I have run a Network Test and it still does not allow me to change the DNS settings.

0 Likes
userDl2TkmkucJ
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I changed mine to 8888 and it didn't help anything.

0 Likes
dirpubsaf
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

didn't work

0 Likes