JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Disconnects from Internet When Turned-Off

(Topic created: 11-10-2018 08:39 PM)
user8q0PKtXLB5
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My new Samsung 4K TV (UN50KU6300) in my bedroom disconnects from the internet whenever the TV is turned off for even a short period of time. When the TV is initially turned on, there is no internet connection even though the router is close by and the wifi signal strength is very strong. I have to re-input my security code each time (or connect using WPS) and the internet then immediately reconnects. As long as the TV is turned on, the connection is fine and there are no disconnection problems. However, when the TV is turned off the internet disconnects.

I have been troubleshooting for months and tried nearly every possible fix that I can find (e.g. change settings, use manual or modified IP settings, manually add new or existing network, unplug, factory reset, software updates, use reserved DHCP, try unsecured guest network, etc, etc. etc.), but the problem continues. I even exchanged the TV in hopes that there was something defective with my first unit, but the new TV is doing the exact same thing. I called Samsung support one time and the agent did not offer any solution.

The only troubleshooting I have not yet tried is a different router. But why? I have had three other Samsung TVs connected to my same routers without any internet disconnection problem. I never had this problem with my prior bedroom TV which was another Samsung HD TV in the same spot as my new one. I also have had two different Samsung TVs in my den, the newest being a recently purchased 4K model (UN65KS8000), all of which have never had any disconnection problem. Only my new bedroom unit has this problem.

It seems to me that the TV for some reason is not saving my login security code when turned off, but that’s just my best guess. I really am stumped and can’t believe this problem cannot be resolved. I have read other reviewers complaining about the exact same problem, but most reviews for this set make no mention of this kind of problem.

152 Replies
Solution
userDBSMMRphHW
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I got my Samsung TV a few days ago and had the same problem.  The permanent solution that worked for me was to change the router channel.  I chose automatic, the recommended setting.   I used an xfinity X1 Router and went through the Xfinity website to access the advanced settings.  My temporary solution was to reset the router.

0 Likes
usercZ6hpUqOBk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It appears that you have accepted rebooting Samsung in order to reconnect your WIFI.  I was not satisfied with that and read further and found that by disabling IPv6 it is a permanent fix that does not need any further action.  Read the last few posts to see how to access that setting.

0 Likes
userrLepHkzO2Y
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If your router have  dual band Wi-Fi, 2.4gighz and 5.0gighertz on ONE SSID automatically picking the best band the solution would be to turn of dual band on your router and separate into two 2.4/5.0gighz SSID since your TV most likely only supports 2.4gighz. Then connect to the dedicated 2.4 and it will always stay connected!

WORKED FOR me 😊

0 Likes
Wabbas
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just add your Tv into trusted devices and it will stay connected forever .on your Wifi. Go to settings of your internet and add your TV as an trusted device and that will help you. Or just erase all the internet settings from your Tv and reconnect the wifi to your Samsung Tv and it will stay connected .

0 Likes
userY59gNFn65o
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

OMG IM HAVING THE SAME EXACT ISSUE!! I changed my unit from an Lg to samsung and yet the same thing.. i’m starting to think its the power socket interfering with the connection ( bad wiring) I had a handy man mount my tv on the wall but when he went to hide the wire, i noticed he spliced a extention cord and hardwired it behind the socket instead of connecting it the normal way through the two pongs. So i would say, try connecting the tv to another room for a day and see how it do.

0 Likes
Gruversm
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I own a UN55KU6290.  Recently, I am unable to connect my TV to my home wifi.  It has been connected successfully for the last 2 years.

When I open network settings--->Wireless, my wireless network does not appear for me to select.

The firmware is v.1240

0 Likes
userm6AbVJq0Z7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have a series 7 65" (2 months old) among two other Samsung Smart TVs and numerous other wireless devices in the house. This is the only one that will not stay connected to the wifi. It only happens when I turn the TV off and then back on. I can get it to reconnect only after unplugging and re-plugging in the device to the electrical outlet. When I am done using the TV and shut it off it happens again, and the cycle continues. I have read other posts with similar issues and tried USB updates and entering 8.8.8.8 etc... Nothing has helped. Could use some guidance. Any suggestions are welcome. 

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can you provide the full model number of the TV and the current firmware version of the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userm6AbVJq0Z7
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model: UN65RU7100FXZA

Firmware: T-MSLAKUC-1303.7

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you attempted a factory reset of the unit?

0 Likes