JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Disconnects from Internet When Turned-Off

(Topic created: 05-16-2017 10:20 PM)
user8q0PKtXLB5
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My new Samsung 4K TV (UN50KU6300) in my bedroom disconnects from the internet whenever the TV is turned off for even a short period of time. When the TV is initially turned on, there is no internet connection even though the router is close by and the wifi signal strength is very strong. I have to re-input my security code each time (or connect using WPS) and the internet then immediately reconnects. As long as the TV is turned on, the connection is fine and there are no disconnection problems. However, when the TV is turned off the internet disconnects.

I have been troubleshooting for months and tried nearly every possible fix that I can find (e.g. change settings, use manual or modified IP settings, manually add new or existing network, unplug, factory reset, software updates, use reserved DHCP, try unsecured guest network, etc, etc. etc.), but the problem continues. I even exchanged the TV in hopes that there was something defective with my first unit, but the new TV is doing the exact same thing. I called Samsung support one time and the agent did not offer any solution.

The only troubleshooting I have not yet tried is a different router. But why? I have had three other Samsung TVs connected to my same routers without any internet disconnection problem. I never had this problem with my prior bedroom TV which was another Samsung HD TV in the same spot as my new one. I also have had two different Samsung TVs in my den, the newest being a recently purchased 4K model (UN65KS8000), all of which have never had any disconnection problem. Only my new bedroom unit has this problem.

It seems to me that the TV for some reason is not saving my login security code when turned off, but that’s just my best guess. I really am stumped and can’t believe this problem cannot be resolved. I have read other reviewers complaining about the exact same problem, but most reviews for this set make no mention of this kind of problem.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
152 Replies
Tikijenn
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I also have the same problem. When I turn the TV on, it freezes and isn't online. I can unplug the TV and plug it back in and that works, but when you're already cozy and want to use the remote control, that's not the ideal solution.

0 Likes
userDzuoxK54Hv
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Why does it lose connection? If there is no fix I will likely return the TV and get another brand.

user4Ovuf8aGv7
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I read the earlier post about calling Samsung (1-800-SAMSUNG) and it worked. The technician went into my settings on my Samsung 65 inch MU6290 and was able to make an adjustment. TV works fine now. No problems with connecting to the internet. Thank you for the post. 

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user4Ovuf8aGv7: Thank you for sharing 🙂 

0 Likes
userOMuKY318lb
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

why doesnt samsung just push this out in an update to all affected models instead of making the technicians do this one by one? seems like common sense to me...

0 Likes
userbfjOEicIQ9
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey, I don't see any solution. Will you show me how it done? 

0 Likes
user8q0PKtXLB5
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Press and hold the power button on the remote while the tv shuts down and restarts. Once the tv is on again, release the remote's power button. If it works for you as it did for me, after the tv is completely rebooted (maybe 30-60 seconds after the tv restarts) the internet connection will work again without re-entering the password. it won't fix your problem completely but at least you won't have to re-enter the password each time.

userGKauXrDQb5
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Forgive me if this has already been answered but....

I installed a Samsung UN49MU7000 last week with wireless connection to a Technicolor TC8305C Gateway (Infinity) and had the same problem.  I checked and found there was a softwre/firmware update Ver.  1144.0 All OS English.  I downloaded it and the problem went away.  Turn off and turn on the TV and the wifi is still connected.

0 Likes
userkCcbHAfzI8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What works?????

0 Likes
userkCcbHAfzI8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The solution is to hold down the power button on the control until you see the samsung logo then let it go. 

0 Likes