JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Disconnects from Internet When Turned-Off

(Topic created: 05-16-2017 10:20 PM)
user8q0PKtXLB5
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My new Samsung 4K TV (UN50KU6300) in my bedroom disconnects from the internet whenever the TV is turned off for even a short period of time. When the TV is initially turned on, there is no internet connection even though the router is close by and the wifi signal strength is very strong. I have to re-input my security code each time (or connect using WPS) and the internet then immediately reconnects. As long as the TV is turned on, the connection is fine and there are no disconnection problems. However, when the TV is turned off the internet disconnects.

I have been troubleshooting for months and tried nearly every possible fix that I can find (e.g. change settings, use manual or modified IP settings, manually add new or existing network, unplug, factory reset, software updates, use reserved DHCP, try unsecured guest network, etc, etc. etc.), but the problem continues. I even exchanged the TV in hopes that there was something defective with my first unit, but the new TV is doing the exact same thing. I called Samsung support one time and the agent did not offer any solution.

The only troubleshooting I have not yet tried is a different router. But why? I have had three other Samsung TVs connected to my same routers without any internet disconnection problem. I never had this problem with my prior bedroom TV which was another Samsung HD TV in the same spot as my new one. I also have had two different Samsung TVs in my den, the newest being a recently purchased 4K model (UN65KS8000), all of which have never had any disconnection problem. Only my new bedroom unit has this problem.

It seems to me that the TV for some reason is not saving my login security code when turned off, but that’s just my best guess. I really am stumped and can’t believe this problem cannot be resolved. I have read other reviewers complaining about the exact same problem, but most reviews for this set make no mention of this kind of problem.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
152 Replies
userw24iQ7uX6r
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You mentioned the routern is close...have you tried an Ethernet cable? I know it should not be necessary but you should not lose connection with a hardwired setup

0 Likes
user4v2zywgkdV
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

First let me say this is NOT a solution.  A solution is for Samsung to acknowledge and correct a widespread problem.  This is a bandaid.

Second, let me suggest a much faster bandaid than a reboot that works for me every time.  Go to Settings/General/Network/Open Network Settings  Choose Wireless and select your network name.  It will perform a check and reconnect immediately.  Works for me every time.

Next time I purchase a TV it will say SONY on it.

Thedodgedude
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user4v2zywgkdVwrote:

First let me say this is NOT a solution.  A solution is for Samsung to acknowledge and correct a widespread problem.  This is a bandaid.

Second, let me suggest a much faster bandaid than a reboot that works for me every time.  Go to Settings/General/Network/Open Network Settings  Choose Wireless and select your network name.  It will perform a check and reconnect immediately.  Works for me every time.

Next time I purchase a TV it will say SONY on it.

This is what I'm having to do on my brand new TV almost daily.  It's quite annoying.  ARC via HDMI only works if I turn on my Soundbar manually as well.  It will turn off the Soundbar just fine, but won't turn it on anymore.  Unplug the tv for a few minutes, turn it back on, it will work correctly for a day or two then no more.  Samsung you need to fix these problems!

0 Likes
user17oB4vGpt0
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Have a new Samsung MU8000FXZA which has this issue. Your "fix" here does NOT work with my unit -- ever -- Sorry.
0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried resetting the Smart Hub? 

0 Likes
user17oB4vGpt0
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

OK Michelle:

And the reason you're not telling me how to "reset the Smart Hub" is?

BTW Michelle; it would seem that you are an official Samsung person, yes?  Is Samsung issuing a formal fix for this issue, or at least admitting there is one?

-- Paul

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

To complete a smart hub reset you go into the menu under Settings > Smart Hub > Smart Hub reset, the default PIN will be 0000. For 2016 models or older, the steps are a little different. It's Menu > Support > Self-Diagnosis > Smart Hub Reset. The default PIN is always 0000 though. 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user2LVCo6LnPi
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you     the"reset smart hub" worked for our 4K 50 inch.  We tried all the other solutions but this worked.  The TV will be fine for awhile then all of a sudden it will not connect.  

userFfNJKgJIpB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV : un43mu6290

Software: t-ktmakuc-1210.8

Same issue.   Turn tv on Wi-Fi doesn't connect.   Have to reset network settings each time.   Happens ay least once a day.

Checked for software update today  (June 14, 2018) with no luck.   This has to be negligence. 

0 Likes
user4v2zywgkdV
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Here is how you can get these piece of junk TV's to update the firmware...

My TV also refused to find the new firmware automatically.  Go to their support link online and manually download the firmware update.  Extract the update zip file and then put the extracted folder on a USB jump drive and connect it to the TV.  You will have to be on a TV or cable source in order to perform the update.  When it asks you if you want to search the USB device for the update click YES.

By the way... I found absolutely NONE of this documented by Samsung.  The only way I got it to work was trial and error and reading other people's frustrations here.  The absolute last thing I would suggest is calling Samsung's technical support.  I tried that last night and it was horrible.  I finally hung up.