JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Doesn't process remote commands well

(Topic created: 02-27-2020 06:33 AM)
userTULKQFtCcL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just bought a Samsung UN55NU6900 off a friend, and it doesn't seem to be responding correctly to the remote. I can turn it on, and the screen comes on fine, but it only responds to a few buttons, and only some of the time. 

For example, I can open the settings menu, and then scroll down to the "Support" option to try and factory reset it, but it takes several seconds to a minute for each button press to process, and by the time I get to the "Support" Option, it freezes and then closes the menu. After that it won't respond to any other buttons. I've never made it far enough to reset it or upgrade the firmware.

The LED under the tv blinks with every button press, so I know it's receiving signal, and it's not the remote because I've tried various universal remotes as well, and they have the same issue.

Does anybody know how I could fix this? I'm willing to do some more technical repairs, if needed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userTULKQFtCcL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I actually managed to factory reset it, and now it works perfect! it was a pain though - it took me many many tries. If you power off the tv into standby mode (the red LED under the tv will still be on, but the tv will be off - you just turn it off with the remote to get into standby mode) and then press the buttons mute - 1 - 8 - 2 - power, it turns on and then opens a special menu, and that one worked better with my remote. Hover over options, and then click right on your remote, and find the factory reset. Even this didn't work great with my remote, but after maybe 10 tries it worked.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
userIdHnJGCKlw
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Having the same problem. I bought a new remote and replaced batteries. Still TV (NU7100 4K 2018) is not receiving remote signal, or will receive it and I can only click once and then it seems to not longer respond. Doesn't seem the remote is the problem.

0 Likes
Solution
userTULKQFtCcL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I actually managed to factory reset it, and now it works perfect! it was a pain though - it took me many many tries. If you power off the tv into standby mode (the red LED under the tv will still be on, but the tv will be off - you just turn it off with the remote to get into standby mode) and then press the buttons mute - 1 - 8 - 2 - power, it turns on and then opens a special menu, and that one worked better with my remote. Hover over options, and then click right on your remote, and find the factory reset. Even this didn't work great with my remote, but after maybe 10 tries it worked.

0 Likes