Original topic:

TV Plus Shows Up Randomly

(Topic created: 02-08-2021 06:59 AM)
userHiaGIFTahC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

We have TV model UN55MU6290 with up-to-date software.  We will sometimes leave the TV on Prime TV or Disney+ to keep our 2 & 3 year old kids occupied while we do housework.  For some reason, over the past couple of months, we find the kids getting into trouble because they are no longer watching TV.  Looking at the TV, we see why.  It changes to TV Plus by itself.  Worse, when TV Plus comes on, it always shows stand-up comedy routines - which at times are not appropriate for our kids to see!  We have never been in the room when it switches, so I can't figure out why it happens.  

Any idea what is happening?  Is there any way to block TV Plus from coming on?  Or at least block out the channels we wouldn't want our kids to see?

Thanks,
Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, Mark! 

As a single father, I definitely understand! Here's some steps you can do to help: 

Setting parental controls on TV: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082484/ 

As for Samsung TV Plus removal, Samsung TV Plus is an integrated feature of your TV and it can't be fully removed. However, if you remove all of the channels, Samsung TV Plus will not appear on your TV anymore unless a new channel is added. Periodically, new channels are added and you'll need to remove them if you don't want Samsung TV Plus. You can also remove the Samsung TV Plus app from your TV's Home screen. Simply highlight it, press Down, and then select Remove > Remove.

Note: You can restore the TV Plus channels by performing a Smart Hub reset. But this will sign you out of all of your apps, so you have to make sure you have all of your login information and your TV's PIN code (default is 0000). Navigate to Settings, and then select Support. Select Self Diagnosis, and select Smart Hub Reset to perform the reset.

you can opt out of receiving Customized Ads (called “Interest Based Advertisements” on Smart TV) through your Smart TV settings menu at Menu > Support > Terms & Policy or Menu > Smart Hub > Terms & Policy.

•  Customization Service

If you are a Customization Service user, you can opt out of sharing your Customization Service data with the Service as follows:

A.  If the operating system on your Samsung mobile device is version 9.0.0 or later:  

p>Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Samsung account > Privacy > Customization Service > Customized ads and direct marketing

B.  If the operating system on your Samsung mobile device is version 7.1.0 to 8.1.0:

Settings > Cloud and accounts > Accounts > Samsung account > Privacy > Customization

Please note that changing your Customization Service settings will not stop the Service from sending you Customized Ads. To opt out of receiving Customized Ads from the Service, please see the instructions under “Samsung Mobile Device” and “Samsung Smart TV” in this “How to Opt Out of Receiving Customized Ads” section of the Privacy Notice.

(https://www.samsung.com/us/account/privacy-policy/samsungads/

I Hope this helps! 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, Mark! 

As a single father, I definitely understand! Here's some steps you can do to help: 

Setting parental controls on TV: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082484/ 

As for Samsung TV Plus removal, Samsung TV Plus is an integrated feature of your TV and it can't be fully removed. However, if you remove all of the channels, Samsung TV Plus will not appear on your TV anymore unless a new channel is added. Periodically, new channels are added and you'll need to remove them if you don't want Samsung TV Plus. You can also remove the Samsung TV Plus app from your TV's Home screen. Simply highlight it, press Down, and then select Remove > Remove.

Note: You can restore the TV Plus channels by performing a Smart Hub reset. But this will sign you out of all of your apps, so you have to make sure you have all of your login information and your TV's PIN code (default is 0000). Navigate to Settings, and then select Support. Select Self Diagnosis, and select Smart Hub Reset to perform the reset.

you can opt out of receiving Customized Ads (called “Interest Based Advertisements” on Smart TV) through your Smart TV settings menu at Menu > Support > Terms & Policy or Menu > Smart Hub > Terms & Policy.

•  Customization Service

If you are a Customization Service user, you can opt out of sharing your Customization Service data with the Service as follows:

A.  If the operating system on your Samsung mobile device is version 9.0.0 or later:  

p>Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts > Samsung account > Privacy > Customization Service > Customized ads and direct marketing

B.  If the operating system on your Samsung mobile device is version 7.1.0 to 8.1.0:

Settings > Cloud and accounts > Accounts > Samsung account > Privacy > Customization

Please note that changing your Customization Service settings will not stop the Service from sending you Customized Ads. To opt out of receiving Customized Ads from the Service, please see the instructions under “Samsung Mobile Device” and “Samsung Smart TV” in this “How to Opt Out of Receiving Customized Ads” section of the Privacy Notice.

(https://www.samsung.com/us/account/privacy-policy/samsungads/

I Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
SamsungBoboJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Yes I have e a samsung series 8 smart TV Model UN65TU800F. Mine does that too. If Hulu or Disney plus is open for a little while. Even if no one is watching it, it goes to samsung tv plus. Normally on court tv, comedy or Bounce XL network. I have no idea why. Any help would be great.
0 Likes