Original topic:

TV SCREEN DEFECT - Dark horizontal line on screen left of center.

(Topic created: 05-17-2022 04:36 PM)
ThisSamHatesSamsung
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

48AB224C-1F49-4738-B002-329E3D9EC8D3.jpeg

I purchased my Samsung 4K smart TV Model Code: UN55NU6900 in December 2019. This is a pet and child free home.

Last night, a large horizontal dark line appeared left of center on the screen. I contacted support and after troubleshooting, I was told that I needed to schedule a visit with an authorized repair company. I was contacted by the company today who told me that it will cost $120 + tax just to look at the TV plus parts and labor to fix the TV.

This is a known issue with thousands of other Samsung customers reporting the same issue and sharing photographs depicting what thousands of others are experiencing as well.

This is unacceptable! This is a clear and known defect. Samsung has continued to knowingly sell a product that is defective. This is theft by deception and this act is deplorable! I am furious! 

I will never purchase another Samsung product and I will encourage others never to do so as well.

1 Reply
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
It's not solely Samsung. This is an inherent issue with all back and edge lit TV's. When you look for a new one look into OLED.
0 Likes