I have changed the batteries in remote, tried re pairing remote also.
TV is not working, I have unplugged and plugged power cable.
I have also tried turning on TV with phone and Google assistant, but it didn't work
Solved! Go to Solution.
I just have the same issue on my 55" Frame Samsung. I just replaced with brand new batteries and tried to repair the remote. Still the same problem. The remote blinks red and does not work. Any solution I can appy?
Check to see if the remote is sending an IR signal.
- Get either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.
- If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, replace the remote.
- If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn your TV on using the control on the TV directly, and then try again to control the TV by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo.
If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.
Press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.
If the remote will not pair, get your phone out again (or another similar Bluetooth device) and navigate to its Bluetooth menu. (On many phones you can swipe down to open the navigation bar, then touch and hold the Bluetooth icon to open its menu.) Look for your TV on the list of available devices.
- If other devices like your phone can see the TV as an available Bluetooth device, then your Smart Remote is not functioning correctly. Replace the Smart Remote. If you're in warranty, contact 1-800-Samsung for a replacement, or you can purchase one from samsungparts.com.
- If other devices like your phone cannot see the TV, the TV requires service.
* Use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.