Original topic:

TV plus app difficult to navigate

(Topic created: 01-07-2024 04:52 PM)
gastan46
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just yesterday (Jan 6, 2024) the Samsung TV plus changed dramatically. Previous - I could change to a TV plus channel and it would just come up. I could hit the "info" button on the Samsung remote and a banner at the top of the screen would show program info. I could use the right arrow button to see what was on that channel next.

Now - now it's a pain in the bottom. I choose a TV plus channel and it may - or may not - come up on the screen. If it comes in the "info" button on the Samsung remote no longer works. I have to use the right arrow button to go to an info icon and some info - in very, very small font - shows up beneath it.

Sometime I choose a channel and I get a black, blank screen until I hit the "info" button on the Samsung remote. Then it might show up or I might get another black, blank screen.

There are other possibilities/variations that happen that are too numerous to go into here.

Using Samsung TV plus used to be easy and enjoyable. (except for the once a month when they added channels and I had to go in and delete all of the new). Now it is such a pain - it is frustrating. I never know if I will get to see what I want or not. Sometime do and most often don't.

13 Replies
Cntryman77
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Since this last update I’m having the exact same problems. Endless blank screen instead of playing the channel selected

JustBob
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same exact problem..

Thought at first a weather issue with my ISP.

I think I'll turn off auto update. 2 update issues in one month is enough.

0 Likes
scubadru
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just turned off myself after reading your post. I've tried everything with regards to the TV capabilities (different menu(s) selections) i.e. resetting everything, nothing. 

"very annoying"

0 Likes
Members_mg5Bz6S
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's a big pain but I found if I cycle the source, after I arrive at a black channel, then it comes back and acts normal, of course unless I change the channel again!

0 Likes
scubadru
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just curious ... anyone having this problem, do you reside in Florida i.e. just a FL thing?

0 Likes
scubadru
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just got off the phone with Samsung. Explained every step I have took over the past few days, which, included up to resetting to factory settings. The tech recommended changing the DNS server from 0,0,0,0 to 8,8,8,8, which I did. There may be a very very slight improvement but not enuff to brag about.

Journey continues

0 Likes
SherMarie
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue with my QLED after the big update.  Worked great before.  Now I've got constant black screens after changing channels.  And I used to be able to go page up and down with the channel toggle but that doesn't work anymore.  Words all over the screen that are very annoying.  I really hate this update.  TV Plus used to be so easy and enjoyable but now its too hard to watch.

useraFlfrnOPyk
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My Samsung plus is not working for the last 4 days on any of my Samsung tv's. I tried every single thing they advised to do. It is very frustrating. It only works on my phone

0 Likes
Xman0691
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same with mine! I loved the immediate channel shift when I changed channels, now it takes up to 15 seconds or more to bring up the next channel. How is this suppose to be faster and better? I think adding all those features to the interface is dragging the load time down drastically! They need to hear this and change it back or fix this obviously failed expectation!