Original topic:

The Software Problems S95B

(Topic created: 12-04-2022 08:14 AM)
Morawake
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

1. Input Signal Plus keeps disabling itself when using Windows. I have Windows set to 4k 30hz 8bit HDR.

2. It keeps treating some existing devices as new devices, like my Nintendo Switch and my Windows PC, possibly why issue #1 keeps happening. You also can't see all of your sources from the main menu. The game consoles have their own menu which I think is dumb.

3. There's a loud audio pop sound from my external speakers when using the aux port on the TV after turning the TV turns on or off. I don't believe the TV is turning on / off the DAC properly. It happens even when audio is set to TV Speakers (because the external speakers are still plugged in).

I was getting random popping noise when the TV was off, I belelive I fixed that with a SKW cable. It was probably some kind of interference from the WiFi or something.

I switched my amp back to my old one that doesn't automatically turn off when not in use. It no longer causes audio issues with Windows.

4. The TV will sometimes switch the audio output to the internal speakers when the audio is set to the AUX port. It looks like I need to buy an expensive HDMI receiver to keep the TV's volume control, prevent the popping, and to prevent the audio output from switching to TV speakers. Unfortunately, only some really expensive and newer receivers support all of the HDMI 2.1 features, like VRR. I tried a Denon receiver and had a few more issues. The first was that the screen would flash on and off for a few seconds whenever the source was changed (kind of annoying when spending hundreds of dollars on a device like this). The second was that HDMI-CEC navigation did not work. (went back through the setup of the AVR and it started working). The third was if you wanted to use the TV HDMI ports on the TV for games with VRR, you won't see the volume level when adjusting it. The fourth was that the receiver made it inconvenient to change sources. Normally need to use the AVR remote, but you could use a learning remote to copy the IR signals. Using the TV's HDMI ports for other devices makes it more of a mess.

5. When hovering over the recent menu option on the main menu, it will automatically wake up the recent device and that device will automatically switch the TV's input (if HDMI-CEC is enabled). The TV also changes the video profile just by hovering over the recent menu option.

6. The interface is really slow and some apps just don't work very well (like the PLEX app) with frequent crashes. Also, I hate the ads (but I found a way to block them with a special DNS server). I'd pay extra just to not have ads. There's a bunch of other little annoyances that I have with the OS, like how hard it is to change the input.

My old Hisense TV never had any of these issues. 

I'd return the S95B if I still could.

On the plus side, CEC navigation started working again on the Xbox SX.

Has anyone else experienced or not experienced these issues?

1. Input Signal Plus keeps disabling itself when using Windows. I have Windows set to 4k 30hz 8bit HDR.

2. It keeps treating some existing devices as new devices, like my Nintendo Switch and my Windows PC, possibly why issue #1 keeps happening. You also can't see all of your sources from the main menu. The game consoles have their own menu which I think is dumb.

3. There's a loud audio pop sound from my external speakers when using the aux port on the TV after turning the TV turns on or off. I don't believe the TV is turning on / off the DAC properly. It happens even when audio is set to TV Speakers (because the external speakers are still plugged in).

I was getting random popping noise when the TV was off, I belelive I fixed that with a SKW cable. It was probably some kind of interference from the WiFi or something.

I switched my amp back to my old one that doesn't automatically turn off when not in use. It no longer causes audio issues with Windows.

4. The TV will sometimes switch the audio output to the internal speakers when the audio is set to the AUX port. It looks like I need to buy an expensive HDMI receiver to keep the TV's volume control, prevent the popping, and to prevent the audio output from switching to TV speakers. Unfortunately, only some really expensive and newer receivers support all of the HDMI 2.1 features, like VRR. I tried a Denon receiver and had a few more issues. The first was that the screen would flash on and off for a few seconds whenever the source was changed (kind of annoying when spending hundreds of dollars on a device like this). The second was that HDMI-CEC navigation did not work. (went back through the setup of the AVR and it started working). The third was if you wanted to use the TV HDMI ports on the TV for games with VRR, you won't see the volume level when adjusting it. The fourth was that the receiver made it inconvenient to change sources. Normally need to use the AVR remote, but you could use a learning remote to copy the IR signals. Using the TV's HDMI ports for other devices makes it more of a mess.

5. When hovering over the recent menu option on the main menu, it will automatically wake up the recent device and that device will automatically switch the TV's input (if HDMI-CEC is enabled). The TV also changes the video profile just by hovering over the recent menu option.

6. The interface is really slow and some apps just don't work very well (like the PLEX app) with frequent crashes. Also, I hate the ads (but I found a way to block them with a special DNS server). I'd pay extra just to not have ads. There's a bunch of other little annoyances that I have with the OS, like how hard it is to change the input.

My old Hisense TV never had any of these issues. 

I'd return the S95B if I still could.

On the plus side, CEC navigation started working again on the Xbox SX.

Has anyone else experienced or not experienced these issues?

2 Replies
Morawake
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I bought a new Denon receiver today to help resolve a few of these issues. Eventually got HDMI-CEC navigation to work through it. It would not power on with the TV, though, making it too inconvenient for me. Yamaha has the same problem. Sony might work with this TV. Also, there was this annoying flickering whenever changing sources and it didn't support VRR. Went back to my amp that has optical input and IR volume control. Programmed it into Sofabaton remote with the learning function. Just wish I could tell when the volume was going uo and down.
0 Likes
userxbHWJav7Uo
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Seems the set has some big bugs. The os is really slow. The menu is lacking options for adjustments. Apps don't always work well. My old LG worked better. Wish I sprung for the Sony, I think it offers better os with same panel as s95b
0 Likes