JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tizen 8000 Not Running UHD

(Topic created: 04-29-2022 01:59 PM)
userKdOHJO4xYb
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My new Samsung Tizen 8000 is downshifting to HD when I run UHD programming. Looking for suggestions to resolve. Thank you.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Cass94
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Could you give example of your setup... like connections, what app or device are you streaming from? As much info as possible would help
0 Likes
userKdOHJO4xYb
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Last example was streaming Outer Range, a UHD show, using the TV's Amazon app. On start and pause it only displays HD. Installer connected to our router via our 5G wifi rather than cable, wondering about that.
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I mean it could possibly be a speed issue but check the settings in the app and see if there is any resolution settings you need to adjust, when you say the tvs Amazon app do you mean Amazon prime? Also on most tvs you can bring up an info window for the input your viewing that will list what the TV is actually displaying resolution wise (mine looks like this) Amazon's app ui is garbage and I don't think it ever says UHD even when it is20220429_165812_503_1651265894.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Cass94
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
First confirm your TV is running the app at 2160p and it should say 2160p mode always regardless of content as this is just telling you the limit of the input your on the next thing we need to check is on the Amazon app I'm assuming your talking about prime video app in some streaming apps they will allow you access to see more specific details about the video stream like YouTube allows a setting called "stats for nerds" which will show you a lot of helpful information pertaining to how well a device streams video at least on YouTube lol but it will still tell you if the connection speed is hindering anything and should be a good baseline but this will show you specifically what resolution your TV can pull in and you can find videos up to 8k I believe but try 2160p 60fps on YouTube and pull up stats for nerds and it will show on screen the current video resolution so you can confirm that video is coming in at 4k20220429_171350_505_1651266920.jpg
Cass94
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Also I have the really simple answer for you lol....As I said Amazon's app UI is trash and their too lazy to add UHD as something the app can display so you know what your seeing, so when it's saying HD on a UHD movie or show it is actually in UHD it just has no way to tell you because the app developers are geniuses
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Because I've been watching UHD stuff for a few years on Amazon on a totally different setup and it's never said UHD even when it is their just lazy
0 Likes
userKdOHJO4xYb
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Thank you for your input. I just rented the last Bond film through the TV's Netflix app in UHD and started and paused and it does display UHD. Perhaps it was the Amazon app misdisplaying....
Cass94
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
If it's not, then Amazon won't come in UHD for me either lol but no I know it does their just lazy I guess it's been like that for years now that you bring it up lol I've watched several uhd shows on Amazon and their uhd does come in same quality as Netflix UHD shows
Cass94
Nebula
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
One last thing I will mention...
You will never get true full quality 4k through any streaming apps (because of buffering) to truly see how nice your new TV is I recommend getting a UHD movie player and the disc's are fairly cheap and come with bonus Blu ray as well as 4k disc the Xbox series x or even the older ones have 4k player built in as well as ps5 and Xbox can run all apps at 4k
0 Likes