JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 04-16-2016 01:26 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

JUMP TO SOLUTION
536 Replies
userp1Awfz2Xgo
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Fair play to Nintendo for fixing it so quickly... that's how you do it Samsung.

Shame other companies have to clear up the mess Samsung have made.

Let's not forget though that this problem is more than just the Nintendo Switch, it happens with PC's, blu-ray players and other games consoles. I really hope they don't now backtrack on their own fix for this (Summer starts tomorrow by the way, Samsung) just because the Nintendo Switch problem has been sorted.

0 Likes
bobad
Halo
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

That's just great... for Nintendo owners. Not so great for the rest of us.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey guys, popping in to get a quick update from you guys. For US owners, has anyone updated to the 1180.2 version yet? Can anyone confirm if the update fixed the issue at all or not? Naturally they haven't told us when the update is rolling out nor did they tell us a version, so I am genuinely curious if this version helps/hurts anything? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Dave_O
Halo
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It seems fixed on my KU6300 after 1180. Great to see !!!

0 Likes
SadRobot
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Mine says 1169 is still the latest revision available...

0 Likes
userPAGnGhWXr9
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes....mine also is 1169 here in the USA

0 Likes
4TZQivmdGk
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Still 1169 in UK, so much regret buying Samsung.

0 Likes
userNNUMKk3bnC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Me too. Even if this ridiculous issue gets fixed, I won't be buying anymore Samsung TV's in the future.

0 Likes
userBSOmGEtDS0
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Success! After 6 months or so of waiting, it has finally been fixed!

Samsung Cole, I know you were only asking about US customers, but I'm in Australia and just installed 1180 and it has fixed the problem. There is no option I can find to toggle this feature, it has just been turned off. Great for all of us on this forum, I just wonder how many other people will be annoyed who are used to their devices switching automatically. Oh well, that's a fight for another day for Samsung perhaps.

So I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum for providing your input and keeping the pressure on Samsung to fix the problem. We won't know what the trigger was to make them fix it - the initial people here, the Nintendo Switch issue, or the articles starting to be published on tech websites, but we got there in the end! And thank you to those at Samsung who managed to get this happening, albeit after a fair amount of time.

Even though this is a forum for US customers, I believe it was the most effective way for people around the world to get the message out there and help troubleshoot the problem. I understand Samsung has branches of their company set up in lots of countries, but on their own they were of little help. So please Samsung, don't ignore people from other countries when an issue is obviously not constrained to a region-specific device.

I'm still going to be more wary of buying Samsung products in the future, but this has helped mend things, slightly. I hope this is a lesson for Samsung to test their products more closely before release.

Cheers all.
0 Likes
userNNUMKk3bnC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not fixed according to this thread??

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/1180-5-fixed-everything/td-p/120948

What model do you have?

0 Likes