Original topic:

Tv goes to mute

(Topic created: 05-01-2021 08:23 AM)
useraTq3SUqoij
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

My TV goes to mute from time to time. It keeps popping up for a few times everyone 15 to 20 mins.  Tried restarting by holding on the power button on the report. It didn’t work.  Today it has to switch it self off now all of a sudden like every 20 mins or so. Please help. Thanks 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userlq80SmNCfo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My UN55JS8500 was muting and unmuting itself every couple minutes. I noticed the time/date was no longer in the upper right corner of the welcome screen (not connected to Internet). I had recently replaced my wifi router and forgot to update the network settings on the TV. This caused the TV to miss the last 2 system updates. The UN55JS8500 provided no warning message that it was no longer connected to the Internet.

Solution: Update the network settings on your TV and force a system update.

View solution in context

3 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Do you have your unit plugged directly into a wall socket or a surge protector?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userlq80SmNCfo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My UN55JS8500 was muting and unmuting itself every couple minutes. I noticed the time/date was no longer in the upper right corner of the welcome screen (not connected to Internet). I had recently replaced my wifi router and forgot to update the network settings on the TV. This caused the TV to miss the last 2 system updates. The UN55JS8500 provided no warning message that it was no longer connected to the Internet.

Solution: Update the network settings on your TV and force a system update.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for sharing this information!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes