JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN43TU7000 and optical audio out to a Saiyin soundbar.

(Topic created: 09-03-2020 03:25 PM)
userpQ7dkLmMxv
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Was given a soundbar for my UN43TU7000 43 inch TV.

I can go in settings and set the audio out  to optical. Can go to the sound bar setting and make that in source as opitcal in. Have reset both the TV and soundbar, but can't get any sound with those settings.

If I leave evrything as is and change the sound to TV speakers I get audio to the sound bar can control the volume on it. Just to make sure I wasn't hearing the TV speakers I turned the level to zero and the sound is definitely coming from the sound bar. 

Confused if I am doing something wrong or that's just the way it is. 

I can setup Bluetooth and it works fine.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
on my Samsung Tv I have to toggle off the Tv speakers under settings and select optical out for the sound bar.
hope this helps check solution if it does.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
on my Samsung Tv I have to toggle off the Tv speakers under settings and select optical out for the sound bar.
hope this helps check solution if it does.
0 Likes
usertzFKxufsks
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I bought the Samsung - 43" 7 Series - 4K UHD TV (model# UN43TU7000FXZA) a couple of weeks ago and eveything was working fine, but today the soundbar I have connected through bluetooth no longer seems to work even though it shows that the TV and soundbar is "connected". I've tried connecting the soundbar using other devices and it works fine. I've also tried using portable speakers, wireless headphones to connect to the TV and it gets paired / connected successfully, but still no sound. Any ideas why bluetooth shows "connected" but yet no sound?

0 Likes
userpQ7dkLmMxv
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I stumbled onto the solution to my problem.

Had to go into settings, sound, expert settings and change the Digital output audio format from auto to PCM.

That fixed my problem and the soundbar works great. 

0 Likes