JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN50TU7000FXZA 50 inch smart tv black screen after 1 year

(Topic created: 08-30-2022 12:36 PM)
userg9N4tGR3YF
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This tv has been trouble with software issues with the SmartThings. Sound issues when ran through a sony home stereo system and a random black screen that happened randomly off and on and now permantent. None of the full power off stuff works. I can believe all the problems with this TV for what I paid for it. I have two other Roku tv's that are about 4 years old and never a problem. This tv went dead after a little over a year. Major disappointment. Maybe after 3 or 4 years ok but not a year. I even have an old 55" anasonic flat screen tv that is 8.5 years old and still works.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your TV having this black screen issue. 

If you have not already then I would recommend trying different HDMI cables.

If that does not help and this occurs on all sources and with apps then this will require service. Depending on your warranty you have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your TV having this black screen issue. 

If you have not already then I would recommend trying different HDMI cables.

If that does not help and this occurs on all sources and with apps then this will require service. Depending on your warranty you have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes