JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN65AU8000FXZA won't update to firmware version 2120 either OTA or USB

(Topic created: 03-21-2023 02:42 PM)
TomServo92
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I saw there was a new version of firmware so I tried it OTA and it said no update available.  So I downloaded the file from model's support page and tried via USB.  Again, it said no update available.  I've updated the TV via USB and OTA before so I know the procedure.  I'm not sure why it won't recognize the updates.  I did browse the UBS so I know it can read the files.  I'm not sure what's going on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's possible that the firmware update files you downloaded are not compatible with your TV model, or that there is an issue with the firmware files themselves. It's also possible that there is an issue with the USB drive you're using to update the TV.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure you have downloaded the correct firmware update files for your TV model from the manufacturer's website.

2. Check that the firmware update files are not corrupted. Try downloading the files again from the manufacturer's website.

3. Format the USB drive in FAT32 file format before copying the firmware update files onto it. This ensures that the TV will be able to read the files properly.

4. Disconnect any other USB devices from the TV before inserting the USB drive with the firmware update files.

5. Try using a different USB drive to update the TV.

6. Try a factory reset of your TV before attempting to update the firmware.

7. Contact the manufacturer's customer support for further assistance if the issue persists.

It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully when updating the firmware on your TV, as an unsuccessful update could potentially cause issues with the TV's performance

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's possible that the firmware update files you downloaded are not compatible with your TV model, or that there is an issue with the firmware files themselves. It's also possible that there is an issue with the USB drive you're using to update the TV.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure you have downloaded the correct firmware update files for your TV model from the manufacturer's website.

2. Check that the firmware update files are not corrupted. Try downloading the files again from the manufacturer's website.

3. Format the USB drive in FAT32 file format before copying the firmware update files onto it. This ensures that the TV will be able to read the files properly.

4. Disconnect any other USB devices from the TV before inserting the USB drive with the firmware update files.

5. Try using a different USB drive to update the TV.

6. Try a factory reset of your TV before attempting to update the firmware.

7. Contact the manufacturer's customer support for further assistance if the issue persists.

It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully when updating the firmware on your TV, as an unsuccessful update could potentially cause issues with the TV's performance

TomServo92
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

1. As I stated in the original post, I downloaded them from my TV models support page.

2. I did that.

3.  As I said in the original post, I could browse the USB on the TV.

4.  No other USB devices connected.

5.  Why?  I know the TV can read it (used it on the last udpate that worked)

6. Don't really want to have to do that.  It takes too long to set it all up again and I didn't have to do that the other times I updated it.

7.  Thanks, I'll consider that.

As I said, this isn't my first rodeo doing an update on this TV.  I followed the same procedure I did last time (and the time before) that worked and it didn't this time.  

TomServo92
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just for grins, I tried another USB drive.  I made sure it was formatted as FAT32.  I downloaded a new copy of the firmware and unzipped it to the USB.  Plugged it in the TV and got the same result.  That's a total of three downloads and two USB drives with the same result. 

TomServo92
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung?  Any response to this issue?

TomServo92
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Bump

TomServo92
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Bump

TomServo92
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung Suport:  It's been three days since I first posted this issue.  Can you at least acknowledge it and tell me what you're doing to investigate / resolve it?

TomServo92
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Bump

TomServo92
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Well, based on this experience, I'm not buying another Samsung product.