JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume not working with remote

(Topic created: 12-05-2020 02:05 AM)
Chrisv909
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

106 Replies
user9Tfl5E2hQn
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have tried all suggested remedies, and still no control and no mute!  How can I actually talk to support????  Very frustrated.  Can't find smart setup anywhere.  Volume is stuck on moderately high.  Am connected to Spectrum via Roku, but no volume control in spite of buying new remote, replacing batteries...

0 Likes
userzT66kQstXc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had to do this twice but it did work.  I will say that I noticed I had the same batteries in the remote since I bought the TV two years ago.  If this happens again I'll put in fresh batteries.

0 Likes
userYzmTcqrrMp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Settings>General>Smart Features>Autorun Smart Hub (DISABLED) 

16049999149492274479692857388002.jpg

0 Likes
user8kmHxFg42L
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem here. I did read all solutions and tried them. None of them worked. Some of them temporary (1-2 mins max). I just noticed something. Smart hub is too slow. Also internet application gives low ram warning sometimes. Smart hub options can not be changed (can not be reseted. I can not open digits while smart hub reset screen to enter password). I wanted to go task manager if I could reset the ram. When I try to open task manager loading screen never ends. So I've called technical service. They wanted to help remotely. However tv doesn't let us open remote help either. I asked if tv could get virus. Learned that it can't. However if I had same problems on a pc, I would be sure that I have virus. Finally they will send technicians asap. We will see what's wrong in a few days.

0 Likes
user8kmHxFg42L
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Task manager endless loadingTask manager endless loading

0 Likes
user8kmHxFg42L
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@user8kmHxFg42L wrote:

Same problem here. I did read all solutions and tried them. None of them worked. Some of them temporary (1-2 mins max). I just noticed something. Smart hub is too slow. Also internet application gives low ram warning sometimes. Smart hub options can not be changed (can not be reseted. I can not open digits while smart hub reset screen to enter password). I wanted to go task manager if I could reset the ram. When I try to open task manager loading screen never ends. So I've called technical service. They wanted to help remotely. However tv doesn't let us open remote help either. I asked if tv could get virus. Learned that it can't. However if I had same problems on a pc, I would be sure that I have virus. Finally they will send technicians asap. We will see what's wrong in a few days.

Unfortunately Motherboard failure. Will be changed from warranty.

0 Likes
usermGDlmyMOiU
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I changed batteries...nothing.  Re-sync's the remote -  no change.

I unplugged the TV at the back for about 10 hours.  Came home plugged it back in.  Had to wait a few min for it to reestablish then re-sync'd the remote.

It working for now but its only been 2 days.  Fingers crossed,

0 Likes
userS55RXjvbBt
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, What did you press on the remote to disable the smarthub? I pressed the enter button but nothing is happening

0 Likes
userl0y9L7XCua
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can’t turn mine off. 

0 Likes
userbrTRvTUAZS
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

same problem with same TV and both Samsung and roku remotes