Original topic:

Weird black shadows

(Topic created: 12-12-2022 04:39 AM)
jrspeich
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

There is a weird black shadow that overtakes about one-third of my screen like a weird ghost taking it over after it has been on for a few minutes.  It overtakes it slowly, kind of creepy.   My TV was installed against a wall recently so I cannot see the numbers on the back.  If I need to get them for warranty or service purposes, is there a place I can look to find the model number, etc.?   

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be a cause for concern with your TV having shadows on it. If this is occurring on all sources, then this will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. You can find the model and serial number by going to settings > about. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
userbEaT1daKhj
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Tv
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Post a picture, please. Sounds like either your backlighting is going out or your pixels in that area are dying.

Either way, it'll need to be professionally serviced.
0 Likes
jrspeich
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not sure how to attach a video.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be a cause for concern with your TV having shadows on it. If this is occurring on all sources, then this will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. You can find the model and serial number by going to settings > about. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes