Original topic:

What is Tizen on a Q60B

(Topic created: 04-09-2023 07:44 PM)
old_texan
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Looking to buy a Q60B.  But  I have no idea what the TIZEN feature is.  Could someone please explain it.   The last TV I bought, was a Sony Bravia, and the Bravia system was proprietary to Sony so I was limited in peripherals, like soundbrs.

Is Tizen something that will keep me from adding sound equipment or using the Q 60B as part of a home theater.   Without learning a programming language?

Please?

0 Likes
4 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
Tizen is Samsung's Operating System
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame
Tizen is the operating system (OS). Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS are other operating systems on other devices.

https://news.samsung.com/us/six-advantages-of-tizen-os-on-samsung-smart-tvs/
0 Likes
nikimiller
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have UN65JU640DFXZA runs on Samsung's proprietary operating system called Tizen OS. I have tried from menu setting to update the os . Because there Apps list do not includes Hostar and latest apps as its old model of 2015 .  i tried to update but this showing no updates available.

How to update if such problem arriving every time of old tizen os? 

Niki.

With Love,
Niki
usps tracking
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how upgrading os would be nice. But unfortunately, you can not upgrade operating systems on TVs as they are spec bound. You can update to the most recent firmware version available on your TV, but that's it. 

Also, DanG92263 is correct, as for adding sound equipment this will not be affected by this. But features of the TV will vary depending on the model of TV you get 

0 Likes