JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

XBOX Series X emerging issue - no sound on games after latest TV update v 1401.

(Topic created: 11-01-2022 06:04 AM)
JaimeCLT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An issue is being tracked on the XBOX forums where after the Samsung TV 1401 update, sound while playing games in the XBOX series X just stops. You have to unplug the TV and plug back on for the sound to come back.   It is only happening on Samsung TVs. Clearly some HDMI interface problem introduced or exposed with the latest Samsung TV update.    Samsung support calls did not help.    If interested in thread, go here (add "https:" as the forum blocks URLS):  //answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/certain-games-on-my-xbox-series-x-launch-with-no/da2ae3...

ManBrb
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just updated my Samsung TV on Monday to the 1401 update and immediately had this issue after opening a different game on my Xbox Series X.

The only temporary fixes that I've found are to either unplug the TV or hold the power button for 10 seconds and then the sound comes back for the game that I opened. But that isn't a solution since I have to do that for most games and apps like Netflix/HBO.

Extremely frustrating and I see that some people have had this problem since early August!

0 Likes
Robertgray
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue. Please fix this or this will be never Samsung again-situation for me.

0 Likes
RonertSan
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So upset right now I’ve been dealing with the same issue for over a month, everything‘s working good then just started doing the losing sound after switching games on the Xbox series X! Call Microsoft with no solutions of course. Decided to go and buy another Xbox series X yesterday, only to come home and play a game and find that it does the same exact thing! Just do all that extra money to have the same problem anyway. The first solution I found was completely resetting my TV with the factory reset option, but then I had to log back into every one of my apps including Netflix, Disney, etc., which really sucked and took a lot of time . Someone said to hold the standby button on your TV down for 10 seconds so it will reset and that would fix it, so I did find by holding the power button on my remote for 10 seconds, and the TV turns off and turns back on with the sound on the Xbox fixed. I’ve also seen the post where others are talking about holding the standby button underneath their TV for 10 seconds, or unplugging it. This seems to be the only workaround for the moment. It’s an obvious Samsung thing with the previous update as stated above, somehow we all need to rally and get on Samsung and Microsoft to find a fix and patch that update so our Xbox‘s and TVs are working correct again!

Fantasmo
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is amazing… I experienced loss of sound on NVidia shield couple times but I thought its some sw bug because reboot worked.. but now on Xbox series s and nothing is working. I tried even factory reset and lost everything on Xbox just to find out its tv problem, my sw version is 1401 too. Any update on this issue?

0 Likes
Chuckle5
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We managed to find a fix. We turned off input signal plus for the hdmi port Xbox is attached to. 

settings> general> expert device manager> input signal plus

userBHm22KqEx8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have also had this problem with my Series X, both different ways. I also have a PS5, and it has started to do this with certain games. I'm using a Q60 65in.
0 Likes
TitaniumSass
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I’m still having the same issue, but I have it in one HDMI port and whatever I start doing on that port like if I start gaming it will work for my games, then if I go to watch YouTube or Netflix I have to switch them. But if I start my Xbox up and start watching YouTube or Netflix I have to switch the hdmi when I go to game. It seems like the issue is getting worse and I’m not sure why. I think Samsung should have fixed this by now after 2 months now. Idk what’s taking so long

alex18
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem. I some games the musik and sound would´nt play yesterday. Menu and a little of games it just worked fine. After hours of frustration and plug off any cables (except hdmi) with no success i resetted the console. In the settings menu i chosed reset and behold games and apps. After about 10 minutes the sound startet working again. My Samsung is an RU7179 75" from 2019. On-Air-Update is on...i checked the number, yes it´s v1401.

If this problem would not be fixed, the next 2000€ TV is not from Samsung.

KripTed
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem here. Looks like I’ll be going Sony for my next TV.

Chainsaw Monday
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem. Samsung TV, 1401 firmware, intermittent audio issues.

0 Likes