JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

XBOX Series X emerging issue - no sound on games after latest TV update v 1401.

(Topic created: 09-26-2022 04:00 AM)
JaimeCLT
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An issue is being tracked on the XBOX forums where after the Samsung TV 1401 update, sound while playing games in the XBOX series X just stops. You have to unplug the TV and plug back on for the sound to come back.   It is only happening on Samsung TVs. Clearly some HDMI interface problem introduced or exposed with the latest Samsung TV update.    Samsung support calls did not help.    If interested in thread, go here (add "https:" as the forum blocks URLS):  //answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/certain-games-on-my-xbox-series-x-launch-with-no/da2ae3...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
dgruetter
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem here. Only way to fix it is to unplug and plug the TV back in. Very annoying! Samsung please with Microsoft to resolve this issue!

0 Likes
usera7wEcwy2RF
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Still having this issue got to completely hard reset samsung TV every time to get it back
0 Likes
Members_7WLdRkc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When playing games on Xbox series X, video drops out but sound stays on.  Sometimes, video drops out and Apple TV logo comes on.  The only way to resume game is to hold the power button on the remote for ten seconds.  This issue just appeared about four or five months ago.

0 Likes
DragonxNinja
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I got the same issues with audio signal being lost switching between games, apps and homescreen.
colors are "grayed out" / "washed out" when starting a game sometimes when FreeSync on Q90R and VRR on Xbox Series X is activated (maybe there is some relation to both of the problems)

0 Likes
tonyelv
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is there any fix to this yet? Very frustrating.

0 Likes
gioagigliotti
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue here, game will have audio but no audio on dashboard or other apps and vice versa

0 Likes
John232
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The ONLY thing in this thread that has worked for me is pressing and holding the TV remote power button until the logo appears. It's basically the shortcut alternative to unplugging the TV.  Samsung Q70.

0 Likes
Jezza819
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I still get it occasionally. But so far it's only been in the menu dashboard. I haven't had any games without sound. As long as I have sound in all games, I can live with the occasional no sound on the dashboard.

0 Likes
Lykkai
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue, we need a new update that fixes this. Issue is over 6 months old. Q70 here.

0 Likes
Mikedoyon617
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Was so happy to finally get an Xbox series x, only that now I’m having the same audio issue as the rest of you! Unbelievable 

0 Likes