JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

cannot update UN55TU7000FXZA smart tv

(Topic created: 06-07-2020 02:50 PM)
RandyMiller
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a new UN55TU7000FXZA smart tv running sortware version 1082.  I would like to remove the default web browser app (separate feature request), but I cannot.  I tried to update to the later software version (1115), but that failed.

When I try to do the online update I get an error that my tv does not have sufficient free space, and it suggests I should delete some apps.  I factory reset the tv and got the same error.  I contacted Samsung Support, and they could not resolve the problem at all.  They suggested I update manually via a USB.

I downloaded the T-KTSU2AKUC.zip file containing the 1115 software version, and unzipped it onto an empty 32gb thumb drive.  When I tried to update via the thumb drive I got an ITEMRSA error at about 40% of the way through reading the files.  Same error in about the same place each time I tried.

Has anyone had any success updating the UN55TU7000FXZA TV from 1082 to any later software version?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you tried connecting it via Ethernet to see if the issue persists? Have you tried a smaller thumb drive formatted in FAT32?

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you tried connecting it via Ethernet to see if the issue persists? Have you tried a smaller thumb drive formatted in FAT32?

0 Likes
RandyMiller
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Was/is connected via gb ethernet on a 400mb/s internet connection.

I found an old 4gb thumb drive, formatted it, and tried it.  It worked.  Thank you, SausungGill!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it Randy, you are very welcome.

0 Likes