JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

paramount plus not found in tv apps

(Topic created: 03-06-2021 03:01 PM)
Kitch77
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
My smart TV does not show Paramount Plus in the apps. I've unplugged the TV for a few minutes, I've reset the smart hub, and the internet connection is working fine. Please help!
JUMP TO SOLUTION
userSCQ7Xz6Us5
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Same issue, quite annoying
userTxJOVtdgoe
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue with UN65KS800D.  Purchased April, 2017.  Does Samsung ever reply or post here?  Would be nice to get an official update on when/if paramount+ will be available in apps, and/or list of models that will be supported.

useruBdnZoQ5zG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue - Samsung Model #UN55KS800D.  This was the TOP OF THE LINE tv.  How is it that the app does not work on this model when ALL THE OTHER streaming service apps work???

userbWcWeQm7sZ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In my wifes words, what a crock of S....   Can't be buying a new tv every few years

userbWcWeQm7sZ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

According to Samsung rep, the Paramount developers did not make an app for their older TV's.    

Solution
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Paramount+ is available for TVs made in 2017 on up. If the app doesn't show up in the app store for you, it's possible that your TV model isn't compatible and you would need to reach out to the Paramount+ app developers as they are the ones that make the apps compatible with different devices. 

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userTxJOVtdgoe
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have an UN65KS800D purchased in April 2017.   I have a paid subscription to CBS All Access, now Paramount+.   The Paramount+ app does not appear in the App Store, so I'm no longer able to watch the channel.

I also have Amazon Prime Video, and I see that Paramount+ is an optional channel on Prime.  Unfortunately, this creates a completely separate subscription, and I end up paying for two subscriptions that don't keep track of what I've watched on each other.

If Samsung has no intention of updating the Paramout+ app for the older TVs, it would be nice if they would work out a marketing deal with CBS/Paramount to treat the Amazon Prime subscription as just another device and link to existing Paramount+ subscription.

Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Could you maybe contact Paramount+ and see if they could transfer your subscription to your Amazon account? I would imagine there's a way to link it.
userTxJOVtdgoe
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It seems that Samsung and Paramount should be working this out.  Why do you (both vendors) keep pointing at the other and making your customers chase this down?