JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

red light flashes and tv won't turn on

(Topic created: 08-01-2019 11:39 AM)
userrhz4W5bDrA
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have this tv and it will not turn on. I have done the things the posts have said to do as a trouble shoot. It has always been plugged into the wall directly. 

What else should be tried? model un49mu6500fxza  version fa01   #<Hidden>

Suggestions? 

15 Replies
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey there, honestly if you have tried all of the steps listed on the threads then repairs would be recommended. I'd like to see if there is anything we can offer, mind shooting me a private message here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userPxoPvXtPRR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue with a 75" Samsung that I purchased directly from Samsung in August of 2019.

What is needed to get this replaced or repaired?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userPxoPvXtPRR      We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
usersGNFzW7GKL
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having a flashing red light/won't turn on issue with my Samsung tv. I've tried several 'fixes' without success. What should I do next?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

There's a quick check to perform to figure out if it's your remote or your TV at fault. Remote is flashing but not responding.

Reset the remote

• Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual( if you do not have one please visit www.samsung.com type in your model number) if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Check to see if the remote is sending an IR signal.

• Get either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.
  • If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, replace the remote.
  • If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn your TV on using the control on the TV directly, and then try again to control the TV by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo.

If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.

Press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.

If the remote will not pair, get your phone out again (or another similar Bluetooth device) and navigate to its Bluetooth menu. (On many phones you can swipe down to open the navigation bar, then touch and hold the Bluetooth icon to open its menu.) Look for your TV on the list of available devices.

• If other devices like your phone can see the TV as an available Bluetooth device, then your Smart Remote is not functioning correctly. Replace the Smart Remote. If you're in warranty, contact 1-800-Samsung for a replacement, or you can purchase one from samsungparts.com.
  • If other devices like your phone cannot see the TV, the TV requires service.

* Use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user9jAYL0nsge
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same issue with my TV... It has been in a surge protector since day one and the TV is not even a yr old..i tried many things none seem to work..

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried to plug the TV directly into the outlet? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9jAYL0nsge
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

yes i did and nothing

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When you try to turn the Tv on is the standby light on, off, or flashing?